Complaint Review: MYCOMPUTERCAREER.com

• Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013

• Reported By: alwaysbeenageek — Indianapolis Indiana United States of America
MYCOMPUTERCAREER.com
Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

MYCOMPUTERCAREER.com IS A SCAM - BAD INSTRUCTORS - HARD SELL- Indianapolis, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: NOT a hoax

*UPDATE Employee: Bogus Complaint Against MyComputerCareer

*Consumer Comment: graduate from Mycomputercareer.com

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This posting is a complete Hoax

signed up for the "pro" and they go through instructors plus the instructors literally just read from the book.

Nothing hands-on but copying the example from the book- that might have worked but there was no explanations given. Was just told to memorize but honestly I didn't nor did my classmates understand the material. Instructor(s) seemed uninterested. Save your money- the guy that owns this I learned worked for computertraining .com and mycomputercareer.com is in the same building. Search ripoff and the internet for computertraining.com - they closed their doors and lawsuits- now the place is almost reincarnated and in the same building! Save your money or fall prey - I wish I knew this before hand - now I'm holding the bag...just look before you leap with these smooth talkers promising 60k+ out of the shoot. even if I was hired I'd be fired quickly as I wouldn't feel competent after their training

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2012 07:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MYCOMPUTERCAREERcom/Indianapolis-Indiana-/MYCOMPUTERCAREERcom-IS-A-SCAM-BAD-INSTRUCTORS-HARD-SELL-Indianapolis-Indiana-941443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MYCOMPUTERCAREER.com

NOT a hoax

AUTHOR: Faith - ()

I will not hide behind screen names either sir, and I will tell you, every word of these are the truth! I was a student, and it is a rip off, I can only speak of the Raleigh 'Campus' (lol) but from Dallas to Indiana, it certainly sounds all to familiar! A RIP-OFF, completely.

Bogus Complaint Against MyComputerCareer

AUTHOR: brucea - (United States of America)

As a company insider I can state unequivocally that this is a bogus complaint. The most obvious fallacy is that at the time this complaint was filed (Sep. 14 2012), just a couple of weeks after opening our doors in Indianapolis, we had not even started our first class in that location, much less completed one. The complaint, therefore, is likely to be the work of a competitor or someone who feels threatened by the presence of a successful IT career school in the market. But that's speculation, of course.

As to the other allegations related to the instructors and course of study, they must be bogus because no student at Indianapolis had yet experienced our curriculum. First, turnover among our instructors is very low. More importantly, the description presents a patently false view of our training protocols. Every class features hands-on labs and unlimited 1-on-1 tutoring and mentoring from our very experienced instructors. While memorization is an important part of any learning process, the focus of our training is on applied learning so our students are prepared to perform well on the job--and they do! Many are employed before they complete their training and most advance quickly in their new careers.

MyComputerCareer makes no specific claims or "promises" concerning starting salaries for graduates. This will vary widely depending on a number of factors. We do, however, prepare students to receive specific certifications that qualify them for positions that may be available to them both immediately and over time. Salary data for these positions can be obtained from the federal government (bls.gov) and from 3rd party sources like Salary.com and Robert Half Intl.

Finally, while it's true that the Founder of MyComputerCareer is a former ComputerTraining.com employee, he left the latter firm more than two years prior to their demise with the determination to create a more student-centric program with far better outcomes--which he has done. No MyComputerCareer campus, to the best of my knowledge, is located in the same building as a former ComputerTraining.com campus and there is no connection in management or ownership between the two schools.

I challenge the author of the above complaint to come forward with their identification and documented proof of the specious allegations presented. For a more accurate view of our students' successes, visit our YouTube Channel (http://YouTube.com/MyComputerCareer) our Success Stories page (http://MyComputerCareer.edu/success-stories) or our blog (http://MyComputerCareer.edu/news)

Bruce Ackerman, Director of Marketing
MyComputerCareer.com
brucea@mycomputercareer.com

graduate from Mycomputercareer.com

AUTHOR: PFord21 - (United States of America)

i just read this post and gotta say im offended and appauled. im a graduate from mycomputercareer.com in both their pro and advanced courses. and it was ALL hands on, the instructors had extensive knowledge on past and present protocols and methods of operation within in the industry. during classes i landed a job refurbishing pc's and servers, and currently i am an  engineering technician with the 2nd largest engineering firm in the world doing Industrial IT and making an obscene amount of money. Do not let this report sway you if you are considering taking classes with this institution, you get out of it what you put into it. if you're willing to devote the time and energy into studying and testing, you will receive irreplaceable knowledge and training. i HIGHLY recommend this school and its courses. oh and by the way, they hooked me up with an awesome laptop and tablet pc. just putting that out there

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This posting is a complete Hoax

AUTHOR: BSallada - (United States of America)

Hello, Im Bill Sallada, one of the owners of MyComputerCareer.com.  We will not hide behind screen names and for anyone who would like to contact me, please feel free to do so by phone or through our website.   This report was posted by a competing school in the Indianapolis area.  This report is completely untrue and lacks any facts or merit and MyComputerCareer.com was not even open in Indianapolis during the time stated.  I ask that any students who are interested in getting into the computer or medical industry please read this reply to set the record straight about the school.

The post above was posted to RipOffReport .com on September 14th, 2012.  MyComputerCareer.com purchased an existing school in Indianapolis named TechSkills in July of 2012, and reopened its doors for new students on August 29th, 2012.  Our first computer class started on September 28th 2012, two weeks after the post was made in which the person claims to have graduated from our program.  I hope that anyone who is sincerely interested in going to school and improving their life can put two and two together.  This post was simply not made by a student and all of their experiences are completely false, simply because we didnt exist in Indianapolis during the time in question.  MyComputerCareer.com does have campuses in 4 other cities, but this poster claims to be specifically from Indianapolis.  We dont even offer a program called the Pro.  I could go through each separate allegation and show that their not true, but again, the poster has no credibility simply because we didnt exist in Indianapolis during this time.  Another of the owners of MyComputerCareer.com was at one time employed by the school referenced in the post as an instructor, and he was one of the over 100 instructors that large company employed at some time.  We have no actual connection to them.  Their allegation is like blaming a random employee who worked at Countrywide mortgage in 2002 for the whole mortgage crisis.

I apologize that any potential students have to read this confusing and false information, irresponsibly posted on the internet by a competing I.T. school that advertises on the radio in Indianapolis as part of an Advertising War. Again, this was posted only two weeks after we opened, and before our classes even started.   RipOffReport.com will also not take down information, regardless of how incorrect it is. Companies are forced to go through their arbitration process, which will cost the company thousands of dollars.  RipOffReport.com makes all their income selling arbitration and SEO services to companies that are blasphemed on this website.   You can post that your brother drank a Diet Coke and it killed him, and theyll leave it up until Coke pays them to take it down.

Thank you for taking the time to read this response to the post.   For more information about
MyComputerCareer.com, please visit our website or one of our campuses.  We are a licensed, accredited school, approved by the Dept of Veterans affairs, and financial aid is available to
those who qualify.