Complaint Review: Marlin Leasing

• Updated: Tue, August 10, 2010

• Reported By: Louise — Eagle Idaho United States of America
Marlin Leasing
300 Fellowship Rd Mount Laurel, New Jersey United States of America

Marlin Leasing Renewed a lease without contacting me at end or original lease. Mount Laurel, New Jersey

I initially signed a lease with Coast Financial for a single head commercial embroidery machine in Nov. of 2006.  In Dec. of 2007 this lease was transferred to Marlin Leasing.  The original lease clearly stated that it was a 36 month lease with a 10% buyout.  As the end of the lease was approaching I attempted to contact Marlin re: the buyout amount with no return of my phone calls.  I kept waiting for an invoice identifying the buyout amount.  In July of 2010, they sent me a letter indicating that my "existing lease expires on 02/16/2011".  This should have expired on 02/16/2010.  To my horror they had renewed my lease for an additional year for the same payments without contacting me prior to the end of the original lease.  When I contacted them and finally talked to a real person, they indicated that unless I notified them 90 -180 days prior to end of the original lease, they automatically renewed it for another year.  When I asked why they had not contacted me prior to the end of the original lease, they stated, "We don't have to do that".  So I paid an additional $1200.00 on this lease.  I am aware that I should have been more diligent in noticing that payments continued to be automatically deducted from my account.  I find it difficult to understand that automatically renewing a lease which had clear provisions would even be legal.  It certainly does not say much for Marlin's customer service.  An expensive lesson.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2010 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marlin-Leasing/Mount-Laurel-New-Jersey-08054/Marlin-Leasing-Renewed-a-lease-without-contacting-me-at-end-or-original-lease-Mount-Laur-630156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marlin Leasing