Complaint Review: Marriott Vacation Club International

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: Marilyn — Carmel California United States of America
Marriott Vacation Club International
310 Bearcap Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84115 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America
  • Phone: 800-845-4226 ext 2320
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Marriott Vacation Club International Marriott Vacation Club Trip Insurance Salt Lake City, Utah

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CSA Insurance Terms

We used 6,000 Marriott Vacation Points for a trip to Costa Rica. We purchased trip insurance from Marriott, issued through a company called, CSA. My husband came down with the flu. He went to the doctor and we received a doctor's note and filled out all the necessary information to submit to the insurance company for trip interruption.

Marriott had them reimburse our maintenance fees and not a replace trip. We lost our 6,000 points and only received $2,100 for a full week, all inclusive trip.

When I wrote to complain I received a call from manager named Jared (he would not give me his last name). He said that this the reimbursement methodology Marriott Vacation Club uses.

I stated that as a Marriott Timeshare owner and frequent user of Marriott for business, that we were not happy. We could never re do this trip with the $2,100 and plus we lost out vacation points.

He was not helpful and very condescending.  I asked him to send me the names of all the Marriott board members so I could write to them. Thus far, he has not done this.

I would never recommend Marriott ownership to anyone if this is the way they treat their owners.

I am not finished with them. I intend to go on their facebook site and I will write to all the board members.

This is a total rip off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Marriott-Vacation-Club-International/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84115/Marriott-Vacation-Club-International-Marriott-Vacation-Club-Trip-Insurance-Salt-Lake-City-1012313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Marriott Vacation Club International

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CSA Insurance Terms

AUTHOR: Marriott Vacations Worldwide - (United States of America)

The terms of the insurance policy as provided through our third party vendor CSA, are to reimburse an owner for the cost of their maintenance fees when paying a claim.  This is clearly outlined in the terms of the policy and all owners agree to this prior to purchasing insurance.  However, our Owner satisfaction is our number one priority so we encourage you to contact our customer care team at 800 936 6824 or via email at customer.care@vacationclub.com so that we may personally assist you.  While we will do everything we can to assist you, please know that Marriott Vacation Club is not a licensed insurance company and therefore we cannot legally self-insure an owner's vacation.