Complaint Review: McMahon's RV

• Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: Carole Kasprzyk — Emery South Dakota United States of America
McMahon's RV
77840 Varner Rd. Palm Desert, California United States of America

McMahon's RV Ruining our 47 year excellent credit score, won't pay off trade in Palm Desert, California

*Author of original report: update on McMahon's RV almost ruining our 47 yr credit history

My husband and I bought an RV from McMahon's on 12/08/12.  We took possession of our newer one on 12/29/12.  As of today's date 1/25/13, the trade in has not been paid off.  We are desperate as our 47 year excellent credit history will be just that - history.

We have been calling McMahons, since early Jan. this year and they have repeatedly assured us that the RV will be paid off.  The dates that I have been told this are 1/9/13, 1/11/13, 1/18/13,1/22/13 and today 1/25/13.  I have talked to the manager Glen Olising 760-200-2311 and to the finance manager Dan Watson 949-653-6711.  Dan emphatically said the check was in the mail each time.

When I questioned the change in dates the excuses started flowing.  Dan said the boss wasn't in the date he told me the first time so he signed the check 2 days later.  I called again and was told not to worry the check was really in the mail and not to worry about penalties, interest and service charges.  They would cover them.

I threatened to call the police and was given another date.  My husband told them today, we are contacting the media and they said they are sending a check by UPS and even gave us the tracking number.  Upon checking UPS tracking, we found out they got a shipping label, but did not use it.

As far as we know, they have not sent us our extended service agreement on our new RV, which we spent thousands for.  We are not kids and this is our home.  We live in the RV full time.  I am 67 and my husband is 69 and we are on pension and social security.  We really need help in getting the trade in paid off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 10:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/McMahons-RV/Palm-Desert-California-92211/McMahons-RV-Ruining-our-47-year-excellent-credit-score-wont-pay-off-trade-in-Palm-Des-1003645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on McMahon's RV

update on McMahon's RV almost ruining our 47 yr credit history

AUTHOR: Carole K - (United States of America)

McMahon's RV finaly paid off our RV after using this forum and having a person from KMIR 6 consumer dept. call them and ask about the pay off issue.

But, McMahon's is not off the hook.  They still have not paid the warrenty company for our extended warrenty that we gave McMahon's $8,145 for.  I called the warrenty company to see if it was paid for after Dan Watson told me it was in the system.  That was Thursday, the 7th of Feb.  It is th 12th, and the people at the warrenty company do not have our contract.

Dan strikes again.   More lies.  What is the purpose of this.  The stress is building.  We are on SSI and a pension and used a good chunk of our savings to buy the RV and were sweet talked into buying the extended warrenty, spending a lot of additional money.  Where is it?

The company that would give us the warrenty said that it takes about 4 weeks tops for the Rv dealers to pay them.  This is 8 weeks.  Are they floating money?  Is what they are doing just this side of legal.  Does anyone want to buy an RV from this company?  I hope not.

Dan asked that I go on ripoff and try to fix it.  I am so glad I did not do it.  I will wait as long as it takes for them to do the right thing.  They paid the bulk of the loan on the old RV but did not pay a measly $47 plus change, so they can get the lein.  Now interest is being added daily that they have to pay and I understand they already sold our trade in.  I pity the poor customer waiting to get our trade-in.

I would love to hear her story.

So Dan, how about getting this show on the road and doing the right thing.  I am tired of calling you and I am sure you are dismayed answering your phone, only to find out it is me.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC