arbitrary

• Reported By: Elaine — Holbrook Massachusetts USA
Members Edge, LLC
492-C Cedar Lane, Teaneck Teaneck, New Jersey United States of America

Members Edge, LLC What an Unsuspected SCAM! Teaneck, New Jersey

I recently noticed a charge on my Verizon land line phone bill of $14.95 ($15.88 with taxes) listed under the section of Other Providers. The breakdown showed it was billed on behalf of Members Edge and billed thru ILD Teleservices. Verizon is my land line carrier (for decades) and they just happen to be the vehicle thru which Members Edge pulls off their scam.

Since ILD Teleservices did the billing, I called them and learned that these charges were placed on my phone bill because I supposedly signed up on-line for an e-mail enhancement service thru Members Edge (which I did not).

First of all, I do not engage in any ordering, banking or shopping on line and I requested that these charges be removed (which they did). I also had ILD Teleservices place a block on my phone bill to prevent this from happening again by Members Edge.

I then called Verizon and explained what had happened.  They assured me that if ILD Teleservices had not removed the charges, Verizon would have.  I then had Verizon place a similar block on my land line phone (at no charge) to prevent any other billings to occur from outside scammers.

My advice to everyone is to always check your phone bills, credit card statements, bank accounts, etc. very carefully so you don't fall victim to Scam Artists like Members Edge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2011 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Members-Edge-LLC/Teaneck-New-Jersey-07666/Members-Edge-LLC-What-an-Unsuspected-SCAM-Teaneck-New-Jersey-700815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Members Edge, LLC