Complaint Review: Memorials for Eternity

• Updated: Mon, August 20, 2012

• Reported By: Customer — Sunnyvale California United States of America
Memorials for Eternity
7040 W. Palmetto Park Road #4-613, Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Memorials for Eternity memorialsforeternity.com Failed to deliver cremation urn in time for the funeral, did not even apologize Boca Raton, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Just A Thought

My sister and I ordered a cremation urn for our mother on the day she died (June 1st). The salesperson of internet store Memorials for Eternity http://www.memorialsforeternity.com/ guaranteed delivery by 9 am on the funeral day (June 5th). However, the order did not arrive. At first, the company representative said that the order will come any minute, later when she realized that the suppliers did not ship it on time, she simply stopped picking up the phone.

When I finally gave up on waiting and managed to reach a representative (had to trick her into thinking it is not me by calling from another number)  she said that the order will not arrive on time. I had to buy cremation urn from the cemetery literally minutes before the memorial service. I had to pay $410 more for this last minute purchase of the urn, and I di dnot even like it. The company never apologized, I sent them several emails to which they did not respond.

When I called them to request  credit and reimbursement of $410 cost difference which was not in my budget, they gave me a cold shoulder and said they won'  reimburse us . My sister and I  feel awful. Not only we had to deal with death of our mother,   but had to  with such an irresponsible vendor and  scramble to get another cremation  urn at the last minute. Do not order from Memorials for Eternity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2012 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Memorials-for-Eternity/Boca-Raton-Florida-33433/Memorials-for-Eternity-memorialsforeternitycom-Failed-to-deliver-cremation-urn-in-time-fo-897221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Memorials for Eternity

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Just A Thought

AUTHOR: FDWhoCares - (United States of America)

I am saddened that you had such a terrible experience at a time in your life when it truly was unnecessary. As a funeral home owner, I am curious as to why you went to the Internet to purchase an urn.

All of the experiences I have had in the past involving families who purchase an urn or casket online have been a disaster. Either the merchandise doesn't arrive on time, it is damaged or is not what the consumer thought it would be visually.

Despite what you read in the many reports about funeral homes and cemeteries, there are still many of us who would do anything to help a family in their time of loss. I am always willing to assist families with selecting an an urn or a casket within their budget. Again, I'm sorry you had this dreadful experience.