Complaint Review: Michigan Pizza hut

• Updated: Fri, April 09, 2010

• Reported By: JOKER — grand haven Michigan USA
Michigan Pizza hut
17200 robbins rd. grand haven, Michigan United States of America

Michigan Pizza hut Mary Wright illegal activites of all kinds grand haven, Michigan

I currently work at the grand haven, michigan pizza hut wingstreet, my manager does things that could be construed as illegal. first and foremost, she literally tried to RIP my phone out of my hand when i was out of sight of customers and using it for work related purposes. i talked to her boss about it and he pretty much blew me off, the handbook states that i can use a phone as long as i'm not busy and out of sight of customers. second, she changes the schedule just about everyday and doesn't inform anyone who it affects, i thought by law she had to give 24 hours notice if she was changing the schedule. i have been late a number of times due to this, and she schedules outside of people's availability, i told her on saturdays i couldn't come in until 6pm due to church and she would schedule me at 4 or 5 just to make me mad and late. she also changes dates on food and holds things over for a day or two just so costs can stay lower, when prices are constantly going up. there was a day a couple weeks ago when i was going to take a break because there were no deliveries on the screen, i ordered my food and the phone rang a minute later...it was a delivery. my food came out a couple minutes before the delivery and she didn't tell me. when she told me my delivery was up, i noticed my food and said i would take the delivery after i ate because the delivery was only 7 or 8 minutes old. by the way, the delivery was a good 10 to 12 minute drive one way from the store, so by the time i got back my food would've been cold. she instantly told me that i didn't have a choice in the matter and that i had to take to the delivery, i said ok but she would personally make me a new sandwich when i got back, she told me that she would not. i took the delivery and came back to another one in the same area as the last, i was hungry and angry and had already been at work for about 6 hours at this point, so i took the second delivery and came back to the store. she remade my sandwich calling me a little cry baby the whole time. i called her boss and left a message, she told me the next day he said not to call unless it was a life or death matter, which i found out a couple days later he did not say. she still has a job at pizza hut, but she has worked there for 17 years and i wonder what kind of stuff she got away with back then too. another thing, i have been there for almost 2 years and am still making minimum wage which is 7.40 hr, i have to pay for repairs on my car plus gas and insurance and even though they give me 1.50 per run and charge 2.00 for delivery, it doesn't even out. in 4 months i had to put a new clutch and a new transmission in my car because of my job and that cost right around 1500 dollars. anyway, that's my story and i'm stickin' to it. have a nice day and be cautious when eating at pizza hut.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2010 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michigan-Pizza-hut/grand-haven-Michigan-49417/Michigan-Pizza-hut-Mary-Wright-illegal-activites-of-all-kinds-grand-haven-Michigan-591382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michigan Pizza hut