- Report: #1051772
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: More Amazing Savings
More Amazing Savings205 W. Rand Rd arlington heights, Illinois USA
More Amazing Savings AKA More Savings spam, scam, facebook abuse, facebook spam, terrible customer service, bad business practices arlington heights Illinois
*General Comment: just got this number
*General Comment: amazing savings a huge scam
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I run a successful first year business with a Facebook fanbase of 4000+ followers. Today, I received a spam message from this company and shortly after, the same post on my timeline:
"Hi,I am Julie Nabors and part owner of the websitewww.moreamazingsavings.com. Here is what we offer....we have only so much we can sell but would like to offer more. so here is the idea...you let us post whatever your selling on our website...we make a little money you make a lotta money and gain triple exposure! How much does it cost you? Answer: NOTHING! When the item sales you get paid we get paid. We never touch the product. The customer clicks on our site,clicks on the product,pays,the money goes into paypal account, we take our few bucks out and send the rest to your paypal.Trust is the main thing here,you have to trust us and we have to trust you. You have to trust we will pay you and we have to trust you will mail the product because our neck is on the line. Contact us Lets talk and both make money! My number is: 630-254-6278, Ray is :847-284-5603"
Obviously insulted, I called to let the owner know, just in case they had hired another firm to do their advertising and perhaps they were unaware of it. After telling him, nicely, what had happened, he asked what my page was. He didn't need that info so I didn't tell him. The last thing I want is for this guy to start harassing my page. Read on and you'll see why.
He said he wanted to know my page so he could make sure they didn't do it again and I told him "I've already banned your Facebook page from posting on my page and reported your spam to Facebook." His response, in a snotty tone was, "Then I guess the problem is dealt with". I then proceeded to go ahead and let him know that he has a shoddy business and terrible business practices and good luck with his little mom and pop start up and hung up, promptimg me to write this review to let everyone know how they do business.
- Domain name "www.moreamzing savings.com" was created on April 22, 2013
- Facebook spam page "More Savings" was created on May 2, 2013 and is used to spam FB pages
- Facebook spam page "More Amazing Savings" is used to spam Facebook pages
- Facebook spam page "Nabors Finds" is used to spam Facebook pages
- Facebook spam page "Julie Nabors" is used to spam Facebook pages
- "Owner" of the "company" supposedly attended Devry according to his Facebook but by the intelligence and lack of common courtesy he showed on the phone, his common redneck mispellings (and I'm from Texas!), and inability to even understand the basics of Facebook marketing such as creating a business page versus a group page to promote his business, I'm not sure that he completed even such an easy school.
This is clearly an interenet startup and a very shady business using blackhat internet marketing tactics and trying to feed off of already successful companies by acting as a parasite on people's Facebook messages and timelines to promote their little website that no one has any interest in.
Please avoid them at all costs. If they are willing to use such practices and not care when someone calls them out, they most likely will not care what happens after you have given them your money. STAY AWAY!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/More-Amazing-Savings/arlington-heights-Illinois-60004/More-Amazing-Savings-AKA-More-Savings-spam-scam-facebook-abuse-facebook-spam-terrible-1051772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.