Complaint Review: Morgan & Associates; Eric Thompson

• Updated: Tue, August 26, 2014

• Reported By: KRLWOOD — PINSON Alabama
Morgan & Associates; Eric Thompson
Katonah, New York USA

Morgan & Associates; Eric Thompson Sent a statement saying they have an Arrest Warrant out for me but can never give me the name of the company they are trying to collect for Katonah New York

*Consumer Comment: file a complaint with CFPB

This is a copy of the information that this company emailed to my work email.  I do not owe money and do not understand why they think I do owe.  I can not get an anwer to who their "client" they are representing is.

This is to inform you that we have received, a PENDING law ACTION against your name and your Social Security Number.

The time is NOW; reason being it is a VERY SENSITIVE MATTER.

This is the last NOTIFICATION you will receive in regards to this. Pending DOCKET number is,DOCKET NO:EVR38924-2014.

In order to get additional information in regards to this matter you MUST call within 6 hours of receipt of this e-mail message. Should you ignore this communique, we WILL advice our CLIENT to PROCEED further with the LEGAL ACTION AGAINST you.

Is this a real arrest warrant

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2014 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Morgan-Associates-Eric-Thompson/Katonah-New-York-10536/Morgan-Associates-Eric-Thompson-Sent-a-statement-saying-they-have-an-Arrest-Warrant-ou-1172352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Morgan & Associates; Eric Thompson

file a complaint with CFPB

AUTHOR: tom - ()

I am not an attorney.  I can only tell you what I learned from experience in dealing with the fraud these collection agencies commit on the American public.

I would print a copy of the email and file a complaint.  The fact that you say they are threatening arrest.  Is interesting.  My understanding is that threatening arrest is could be illegal.  At least what I read.

I would file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (U.S. Gov't agency).  You can do it online and upload your email.

The more complaints that CFPB gets on these clowns the more likely they will go after them in court.  I would ASAP this today.  The form is real simple and takes maybe ten minutes.

I wish you the best of luck.