Complaint Review: Movie-Clips Magazine Shawn Boylan

• Updated: Fri, May 30, 2014

• Reported By: Almost scammed — Other
Movie-Clips Magazine Shawn Boylan
Ft Meyers, Florida USA

Movie-Clips Magazine Shawn Boylan Sean Boyland Michael Boylan Took My Money and would not return it Ft. Meyers Florida

Apparently, this guy has been a ponzi schemer for sometime.  I answered a Craigslist ad about sales.  I received a call asking me if I had interest in owning a magazine and being the publisher.  It all looked good.  I should have been tipped off that he never let me call any of the publishers, never told me the name of the 100 + magazines around the country (that is because there are only like 6 now because he was in jail last year until end of June on fraud.

Here is his scam.  He gets you excited.  Has you wire $450 to hold 3 areas that you want to reserve with the understanding that you can get it back if you decide it is not for you.  He sounds so nice and kind and helpful.  I was just about to start when a graphic artist I was trying to hire told me to look him up because he is a con artist.  I did and found out how he operates.  You get advertisers to advertise in the magazine, paying you.  You pay the publisher (con artist Shawn) $5,990 and then the rest if yours to keep for each issue.  But he will eventually not publish on time, he will be two weeks late sometimes with mailing, he will possibly not mail to the number of homes he says.  Then you are left holding the bag and all the advertisers are mad and you have to pay them but you don't get back the $5,990 so you have to come up with that to pay back the advertisers money.

Graphic designers have lost $1,000's of dollars and have lost property.  He is a full on scam artist.  I asked for my money back and he stopped responding.  I called his parole officer and they said to call the Ft. Myers police.  They won't do anything.

DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2014 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movie-Clips-Magazine-Shawn-Boylan/Ft-Meyers-Florida/Movie-Clips-Magazine-Shawn-Boylan-Sean-Boyland-Michael-Boylan-Took-My-Money-and-would-not-1150829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movie-Clips Magazine Shawn Boylan