Complaint Review: My Favorite Things Stamp Company

• Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: Heather — South Jordan Utah United States of America
My Favorite Things Stamp Company
117 north Bay Street Internet United States of America

My Favorite Things Stamp Company Mftstamps.com Successfully avoided a return by expecting customer to pay for shipping 3 times! Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response from My Favorite Things

When I placed my order online I hesitated since there is no phone number listed, but against my better judgement, I placed the order anyway. I purchased several die cuts along with the required adapter plate. Note, the website stated it cuts through felt fabric and did not list specifications. Upon receiving my order, I realized that one stamp was not going to work since the size was too small and another stamp simply did not cut through one layer of felt. Only upon requesting a return, did I learn you have to purchase the felt directly through MTF in order for it to work...interesting.

My return request included replacing these items. It was then made clear to me that if I chose to return these products for credit mind you, my original order would not have qualified for the free $6.50 shipping therefore, my return credit amount would have the original shipping fee deducted from the total credit balance. On top of this all, I am required to pay for the return as well as replacement shipping. I have no problem paying for the return shipping and the replacement shipping, but to have to pay the original shipping is ridiculous especially since I can only receive credit for the return items and not a refund.

I have placed many Internet orders and had some exchanges or returns along the way. All of the company's other than MTF was willing to pay the replacement shipping when an item was returned and I feel this is more than fair. Kim van der Sanden, owner of My Favorite Things was able to avoid the return all together by having this policy in place. it simply wouldn't be worth it to return $22 in product when I would have to pay $19.50 in shipping charges. Hardly worth a trip to the post office, but totally worth taking the time to share my experience. Buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Favorite-Things-Stamp-Company/internet/My-Favorite-Things-Stamp-Company-Mftstampscom-Successfully-avoided-a-return-by-expecting-999186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Favorite Things Stamp Company

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response from My Favorite Things

AUTHOR: Kim van der Sanden - ()

Heather Arcello placed an order for 5 dies and a metal adapter plate on January 10, 2013.  We had an email exchange prior to her placing her order, and I answered each quesiton she asked to the best of my ability.

I am really confused about the complaints listed by this customer.  It is not required that she purcahse and use our felt with the die cuts.  She can use any felt as long as it is made with w wool or wool blend.  I told her via email, prior to her placing her order, that polyester meterials would not work, and to make sure she was purchasing a wool blend felt.

Her main complaint is that to return something she would need to pay shipping charges 3 ways.  Heather received free shipping when she placed her order.  When she contacted us to return the items, we let her know she could absolutely return the items she did not want, but that her order would not have qualified for free shipping after the returns and we would reduce her refund by the original shipping cost.  I am not sure how she is arriving at the $19.50 cost.  Nor am I sure how she is arriving at her claim that she would pay shipping three times.

We did follow up with this customer again and offer to have her return the items with no shipping charges being deducted from the refund amount, but the customer never responded.

I do wish we had been able to make this customer happy, but despite our best efforts we could not.

Sincerely,