Complaint Review: Mystery Shopper Providers Association (MSPA)

• Submitted: Mon, January 07, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: Jamie — Machias Maine United States of America
Mystery Shopper Providers Association (MSPA)
1031 S Jackson St Apt 3 Louisville KY 40203-3432 Internet United States of America

Mystery Shopper Providers Association ,MSPA, Denise Burton MSPA is a SCAM. I just recieved a money order for $985 and was suppose to keep $200 for my comission and Western Union the rest back to a person in the Philippines. I never did anything with it and tw Manila, Internet

*General Comment: MSPA

I recieved a money order in the amount of $985 from an address listed as: Cobi Morris 1031 S Jackson St Apt 3 Louisville, KY 40203-3432.  My first assignment was to go to the closest Walmart and purchase $50 worth of items.  Then I was to keep $200 for my commission, then go to a Western Union and send the remaining money to a Lina Love at 402 Wassey Rd. Manila, Philippines.  I never cashed the check because I wanted to verify it was legitimate.  Two days later I recieved a check (not a money order) for $3,400. This came from a different address and person this time.  This assignment involved going to Walmart, CVS, Walgreens or a Rite Aid and purchase more items, keep out my commission, take notes of store cleanliness, employee curtiousness, so on and so forth, and load the remaining $3,000 onto Green Dot Money Pak cards, to send off.  There was numerous errors and improper use of grammar on both of these instruction sheets.  When I contacted Denise Burton (the lady who sent me the first assignment) with my concerns about this being a scam, she never replied!  A cpl days later I sent her an email.  She then contacted me through my gmail chat and when I told her I was waiting to hear back from my bank, regarding the legitimacy of the money order, she logged off...DO NOT cash anything from these people!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mystery-Shopper-Providers-Association-MSPA/internet/Mystery-Shopper-Providers-Association-MSPA-Denise-Burton-MSPA-is-a-SCAM-I-just-recieved-992833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mystery Shopper Providers Association (MSPA)

#1 General Comment

MSPA

AUTHOR: Jazz - ()

The MSPA is actually an organization, not a shopping company.  Whoever contacted you and was sending the checks is not from the MSPA, and I am quite sure that her name wasn't really what she said it was, eiether.  I am an MSPA certified shopper and have been since 2003.  The MSPA is sort of like the BBB of mystery shopping.  Mystery shopping companies pay to join the MSPA but the MSPA does not do any types of shops.  Someone was trying to scam you for sure!

dedication