Complaint Review: NC Furniture Showcase

• Updated: Fri, June 25, 2010

• Reported By: JLValles — Huntsville Texas USA
NC Furniture Showcase
1080 Freeway Drive Reidsville,, North Carolina United States of America

NC Furniture Showcase President: Michael Whetzel took money for merchanize that he didn't deliver. Reidsville North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: They Can Dish it Out, But Can't Take It

*Author of original report: Money not refunded

*UPDATE Employee: Waiting on consumer

*Consumer Comment: FURNITURE SHOWCASE

On March 7 and 9, 2009, I contacted Furniture-Showcase in Reidsville, NC. and spoke to Maegan Davenport.  I informed her that i was looking for a king bed, which included head and foot boards and wood rails.  She told me that she didn't have one in stock, but was going to check the warehouse to see if they had one.  I knew this was a long shot since I had been informed that this piece of furniture was a discontinued item.  Maegan called me back and told me that the warehouse did have the king bed that i wanted.  I asked her to send me photo just to make sure it was the correct one.  She did and it was so I purchased it with a credit card.  The total for the bed and a night stand came out to $899.  My credit card was charged this amount on the 7th and 9th of March.  She informed me that the bed would be shipped within 4 to 8 weeks.  I thought this was extremely long, but was happy that I found the bed and would not have to buy a whole new bedroom set. [continued below]....

.....

I gave it 6 weeks and called Maegan back to see what the progress or lack thereof was.  She told me that she had to call the warehouse and would call me back the next day.  I waited for the call, which never came, and called her on the second day.  She informed me that he warehouse was waiting to get a truck load of furniture before they made a trip for deliveries.  I thought this was kind of odd, but I said, ok, two more weeks.  The two weeks went by and no furniture.  I called Maegan on a thursday and she told me that she would call me back, but that it was going to be on monday.  Monday came and went and no phone call.  I began to call and e-mail.  I finally got through and spoke to Maegan again.  She again told me that she would have to call the warehouse and see what the hold up was and that she would call the next day.  I told her that I would call because it seemed that I could never get a call back from her.  I called the next day and she told me that the reason the bed had not been sent yet was because the warehouse had the foot and head boards, but that the wood rails were missing.  She asked me if I would take the metal rails instead.

I told her that I didn't want that, and that this is why I had specifically asked her to make sure they had what I needed.  I told her that if they didn't have the wood rails, that I didn't want the bed and the night stand.  I asked her to refund the money to the credit card, since that is what most companies do.  I asked her how long it would be before I would see a credit to my card and she stated that she needed a couple of days to get it in order then when it was approved by the owner, it would be credited.

To make a long story short, I still don't have my refund and I cannot get them to answer their phones or respond to my e-mails.  The manaber, Aaron, is the rudest person that I have encountered and I don't understand why they cant return money that doesn't belong to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2009 03:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NC-Furniture-Showcase/Reidsville-North-Carolina-27320-7174/NC-Furniture-Showcase-President-Michael-Whetzel-took-money-for-merchanize-that-he-didnt-514828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NC Furniture Showcase

They Can Dish it Out, But Can't Take It

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I too had pretty much the same experience with Furniture Showcase.  Aaron Vesterfelt was rude, insulting and uncooperative.  You are not being abused because a customer is demanding what is rightfully theirs.  Stop painting yourself as the victim, Vesterfelt.  No one's buying it.

Money not refunded

AUTHOR: JLValles - (USA)

All I can say is that I have never treated any person who I talked to on the phone or through e-mail unprofessionally.

I work in a field where unprofessionalism is not conducive to good relations and have kept this extremely professional.

The manager, Aaron, is the one that became unprofessional when I finally told him that if I didn't get my refund, and since they had already given me so many "run-arounds", I was going to contact their local Law Enforcement Agency in an attempt to get some help.  He basically told me that if I was going to envolve them or another "mediator", then he was not going to assist me any longer.  All I told him was that I didn't understand why it was taking so long for them to refund my credit card and why he, who is supposed to be in a people/public related business, would take that attitude with me when I mentioned Law Enforcement.  I asked him to put himself in my shoes and see how he would feel and what he would do.  His response was that he was not in my shoes and then hung up on me.

No unprofessionalism whatsoever.

Waiting on consumer

AUTHOR: aaronv@furniture-showcase.com - (U.S.A.)

A letter has been mailed to this consumer and we are waiting on the response so that we can resolve their current issue.

Our employees do not tolerate verbal abuse from any consumer and are more than willing to help with any situation that is handled in a professional manner.

FURNITURE SHOWCASE

AUTHOR: eazis1952 - (USA)

I HAD SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH THESE CLOWNS. I CONTACT TODAY THE POLICE DEPT IN REIDSVILLE. SPOKE TO LT. O'BRIEN AT 336-349-1020 ALSO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH HIM ALSO.