Complaint Review: National Association of Christian Ministers

• Submitted: Fri, March 08, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, May 01, 2014

• Reported By: Will — Naperville Illinois U.S.A.
National Association of Christian Ministers
2801 Wade Hampton Blvd. Internet United States of America

National Association of Christian Ministers Scam, Ministry, Internet, Fake Credentials Internet

*Consumer Comment: Then what?

*Consumer Comment: How and why did this report come about in the first place?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: libelous and slanderous

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Oh please with the bible verses...

*Author of original report: You now admit that your rebuttal is not unbiased, "Pastor Rob"

*Author of original report: "Pastor Rob"

*General Comment: You may have a few misconceptions

*Author of original report: "Pastor Jay", does NACM train you to bear false witness?

*Consumer Comment: N.A.C.M.

*Consumer Comment: Law Prohibits a Mandate

*Author of original report: A baseless accusation of slander for giving the public research information? Thank you for supporting my complaint.

*UPDATE Employee: Even Jesus was slandered and accused of being demon possessed (Luke 11:18-19; John 8:48).

Always refrain from getting involved with questionable and unscrupulous organizations. The National Association of Christian Ministers (NACM) is nothing more than an elaborate and well (self) promoted online business, designed to entice an individual by preying on their desire to minister, while exploiting naivete to profit profit by selling unrecognized professional accreditations and certifications.

The National Association of Cristian Ministers (NACM) is NOT recognized by ANY of the ONLY lawful accreditation agencies within the United States:

1. Distance Education & Training Council (DETC)

2. Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges & Schools (ACICS)

3. Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)

4. Association of Theological Schools in the US & Canada (ATS)

5. Association of Advanced Rabbinical & Talmudic Schools (AARTS)

6. Transnational Association of Christian Colleges & Schools (TRACS)

It is advisable to contact these accreditation agencies or your individual state Consumer Fraud Protection Agency and request advice regarding the National Association of Christian Ministers (NACM).

NEVER pay money for unrecognized accreditations or certifications.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2013 06:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Association-of-Christian-Ministers/internet/National-Association-of-Christian-Ministers-Scam-Ministry-Internet-Fake-Credentials-I-1025478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Association of Christian Ministers

Then what?

AUTHOR: KarenofWI - ()

Ripoff, I respect your opinion, but if not this company, then who do you suggest?  I want to be able to officiate a marriage.

How and why did this report come about in the first place?

AUTHOR: Pastor Michael - ()

I have to say, I do not understand how this ripoff report got filed int he first place. It doesn't appear to have any relevence to a ripoff or someone being harmed or taken advantage of.

I know of no other source as important for issues related to ministry and spiritual formation. And for the record, God does not specify how one becomes a minister. To infer it has to do with some formal or authorized process is to condemn the Word of God and that of the Holy Bible on so many levels that I won't even begin.

I do wonder why you would file such a report, and why it is important to you.

I am an ordained minister (by a church with no affiliation with NACM, have a degree from a Christian University, and working on my Masters Divinity). Even my own denomination does not offer the guidance and help that NACM offers. I am most grateful for NACM, and to have someone file a ripoff report is personally painful to me.

Though I do not perform marriage ceremonies very often, I needed help with a problem of faith and legality. There were questions arising from an elderly couple who wanted me to marry them, and one was very ill. They did not want to get legally married for end of life reasons, but other ministers at NACM coached me through the process using a convenent, and confirming that marriage is an act of God, not of the courthouse.

For someone not as familiar with marriage ceremonies, it was a tremendous help--I work with end of life spiritual needs and at-risk youth, not marriage ceremonies.

As the recipient of the power of prayer when I had cancer, I utilize the prayer group quite often. I have connected with ministers from all over the world. Ceremonies and spiritual needs change all the time, and NACM is one of the best places I know for learning what is new in counseling, ceremonies, legal issues, etc. Plus, I do not believe that NACM charges for ordination, and the only newly ordained ministers I have read about with NACM were firmly engaged in their church and were called to ministry, not actors using credentials as a gag.

I have nothing to do with NACM, except that of being a member. I hope that your ripoff report does not end up damaging the credibility or great work NACM does for assisting ministries throughout the world. God bless you.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

libelous and slanderous

AUTHOR: Rev. William - ()

This website ( Ripoff Report ) is brand owned by a young foolish liberal at best. I am not affiliated with National Association of Christian Ministers in any way, but I am ordained and licensed by an organization no different than NACM and I have solemnized legal marriages, officiated funerals and baptized people under a license and ordination no different than that offered by NACM. It's obvious that the young liberal owner of "Ripoff Report" doesn't understand the first thing about the laws on this matter let alone libelous and slanderous comments and statements which the owner of this site has made from his own personal assumptions( or at least allowed to be pisted on his site ). Liberals must not favor their own brands much because "Ripoff Report" proves it's material is majorly inaccurate. Anyone who knows non-profit status EIN's knows that the person or person's running "Ripoff Report" have no clue as to what they're talking about in this report. Non-profit EIN's holders are not bound to accreditation whatsoever. If I were the owner of NACM I'd whois this website get their contact info and start legal preceedings against "Ripoff Report" immediately.  There are a ton of attorneys who would love this kind of libelous.   Most third graders understand how non-profit EIN's work at least enough not to file slanderous reports against someone else's brand. Liberals have smoked themselves retarded.

Check out his website, you will see for yourself http://www.edmagedson.com/did-you-know/

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Oh please with the bible verses...

AUTHOR: Tina K - ()

My brother who is mentally 12 years old and has anger issues was "ordained" through this outfit. Please don't claim to be anything other than a moneychanger.

You now admit that your rebuttal is not unbiased, "Pastor Rob"

AUTHOR: Will - ()

Rob, you are correct, anyone capable of signing their name may title themselves "minister", "reverend", "pastor", "preacher", etc., whether or not they are qualified to profess such a calling and career choice. Such is the case to those the "National Association of Christian Ministers" caters to. However, in order to be legitimately recognized by the review organizations mentioned, there is certainty established that qualifications for clergy are met within legitimately recognized and accredited religious theological study programmes, which meet minimum national standards for theological study programmes. The "National Association of Christian Ministers" fails to meet even the minmum standards for any recognition by these esteemed reviewers.

Quite oft, confidence schemers and incompetents choose to by-pass enrolling in any theological studies and simply go to unscrupulous online businesses such as the "National Association of Christian Ministers" who prey on incompetent and unqualified individuals. Also, it can be argued that the "National Association of Christian Ministers" assists in aiding confidence schemers in their mission to commit questionable acts in the name of religious faith by proclaiming to substantiate non-existent qualifications, simply through application to receive unscrupulous and unqualified "credentials". Further, for example in establishing the questionable business practices and worthlessness of the "National Association of Christian Ministers", its business SELLS unrecognized novelty credentials, i.e. "Doctor of Divinity" and other worthless items which serve little more than to make mockery of the calling to ministry.

"Pastor Rob"

AUTHOR: Will - ()

"Pastor" Rob, you cannot refute the legitimacy of the complaint nor can you refute the legitimacy of the reporting agencies I have provided. The agencies I have listed exist to protect consumers from being defrauded by questionable business practices utilized by unscrupulous organizations such as "National Association of Christian Ministers".

Secondly, "Pastor Rob", How about disclosing your connection to the "National Association of Christian Ministers"? I am certain reviewers would like to take your position with the organization in question when evaluating the legitimacy of your opinion. Considering your connection to the organization, your opinion does not qualify as an unbiased or objective review. Does it? For you, such questionable business practices equate to an income.

#7 General Comment

You may have a few misconceptions

AUTHOR: Pastor Rob - ()

After reading your report I have not found anthing to make me believe this organization has any ligitimate concerns thus far. At least any more than normal. The agencies you listed are not Required in the licensing of ministers. In fact there is no national oversight for the licensing or training of ministers. It is not something I am comfortable with but quite frankly anyone can get a license and be a minister these days. What NACM seams to do is offer at least some Oversite and vetting for ministers. They require certain criteria for becoming a minister. I am a minister but I have no connection with NACM I am licensed through an established denomination with a centralized government. But many ministers are independant of any organization and there is very little rescouce to vet or to prove those ministers are trained, have integrity and quality. This organization appears to be attempting this. I will continue to check the organization out. But right now I see no reason for your complaint. I will check with my friends over at Asbury theological seminary

"Pastor Jay", does NACM train you to bear false witness?

AUTHOR: Will - ()

"Pastor Jay" or whatever your real name is, it appears you are attempting to bear false witness against an individual you choose to be at odds with. A poor reflection upon you, if not simply pathetic. No one has ever stated the NACM refused to accept anyone as a "member" or anything else for that matter. Nor does the complaint against the NACM business elude to such a claim. Therefore, why would you falsely insinuate that such is the case? Interesting. More interesting is the fact that your supposed rebuttal has more in common with an advertisement than an argument to excuse the unprofessional behaviour and business practices of the NACM.

Allow me to clarify the complaint for you, as it appears you lack the basic skills to read and comprehend the complaint which has been made against the NACM business organization.

The fact is, no legitimate national accreditation authority monitoring Christian organizations within the United States and its territories recognizes the NACM. The NACM is a business, specializing in exchanging worthless credentials and services for a preset dollar amount in the form of "donations" (plus shipping and handling). For example, the NACM business offers to exchange a "Doctorate of Divinity" for a donation of a specific dollar amount despite having no requisite of academic study. NACM offers several similar items at preset "donation" prices. Basic intellect would determine such a business practice as nothing more than a novelty, a joke. Any attempt to pass it off as something more than a novelty is highly unethical, potentially fraud. Further, anyone unscrupulous enough to attempt utilizing such whimsical certifications as professional qualifications could easily find themselves charged with fraud. No matter, such remains an unscrupulous and unethical business practice by the NACM (and other similar businesses), as they attempt to financially prey upon those who may be called into Christian ministry.

N.A.C.M.

AUTHOR: Pastor Jay - ()

I am a member of National Association of Christian Ministers.  I would like to point out that it did not cost me anything.  I have had several members from N.A.C.M. help me with 2 events I have had for our community, and I have personal contact with several hundren of its members.  From my experience There is no better association of ministers.  I have completed a leadership program which has cost me nothing but my time.  I am now taking another training program which has proved to be very useful, and again, this has cost me only my time.  This is an organization which works hard to follow the Bible.

I do admit that I was not so happy that it took so long to be accepted through N.A.C.M., but looking back, I am glad they really checked out who I was before accepting me.

I do not work for N.A.C.M., so I do not know why this person was not accepted.  I would guess it was they did not see this person following the course they said they were on, or perhaps they found something unfaverable.

But I think we all can now see this person shoulde NOT of been approved for membership.

N.A.C.M. is a Christian organization, not a school, or college

Law Prohibits a Mandate

AUTHOR: Mr. P - ()

any orginization that is set up in the Governace way NACM is is not required by law to be associated of accredited by any of those agencies listed. are you telling me the National Association of Evangelicals is a scam. by this faultery logic they would be along side the Acts 29 network, the Southern Baptist Convention, tha Anglican Church in North America, the Foursquare Church, etc. this claim does not take into account for our 1rst amendemt right in this country and it also assumes all religious groups are governed by those six agencies. the fact isthere are at least 215 outlets of governace that are assceptable this is the minister association through Liberty University so all of this is false and misleading

AUTHOR: Will - ()

First, nothing I have stated in my report about the "National Association of Christian Ministers" is the least bit slanderous. What I have stated are strictly the facts, fully supported by the information provided. Interestingly, I have never had ANY 'credentials' revoked by ANY organization, especially one which fails to possess ANY legal authority to grant such credentials. Whomever is making such a claim on behalf of "National Association of Christian Ministers" will be most wise to consult with their legal council, as their statement can easily result in a civil defamation action being filed against them and the "National Association of Christian Ministers" business.

The information I have provided offers LEGAL resources for the general public to research and an advisement for people to use caution in their potential consideration of dealing with "National Association of Christian Ministers". The fact that someone representing the "National Association of Christian Ministers" has responded with the preposterous accusation of slander and then made a blatantly false allegation against a critic of their dubious business practices is not only in defiance of what they claim to morally and spiritually represent, it is also quite pathetic and unlawful. Then again, it is precisely what is to be expected from such an organization milling out useless and fake "diplomas" (always for an exorbitant fee), serving no other purpose than to prey upon and exploit general naivete in order to generate undisclosed profits.

AUTHOR: JohnBear - (United States of America)

After having his credentials revoked, it is no surprise that the individual filing this report is attempting to discredit a work of God.  He said that he would do this after his membership was dismissed from our fellowship.  Yet, that he would do so in the name of Christianity is absurd.  You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (Exo 20:16 MKJV).

The organization makes no claim to any affiliation with the accreditation institutions previously mentioned, nor does it even suggest it.  To do so would be irrelevant.  Accreditation is something that pertains to academic institutions such as universities.  The NACM does not claim to be a school, does not grant degrees, and even informs the public that the use of degrees from unaccredited universities may be considered illegal. This may be seen at this link (http://www.nacministers.com/ordinationschool.htm)

Ordination is a sacred rite of a religious community for spiritual purposes.  It is not imparted by
government or institutions of higher education.  I do not know of a regionally accredited university in the US that ordains anyone even if the school is of a religious background.  Regarding government, the first amendment states Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

For these reasons, it is evident that the individual who filed this report is uninformed and attempting to slander the reputation of our fellowship.  This is the type of thing that should be expected, for even John the Baptist and Jesus Christ were slandered and accused of being demon possessed (Luke 11:18-19; John 8:48).

tired