Complaint Review: National Home Gardening Club

• Submitted: Tue, March 26, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: Jaydee — Sparks Nevada
National Home Gardening Club
12301 Whitewater Dr., Minnetonka, Minnesota 55343 Internet United States of America

National Home Gardening Club Returned item they still sent a bill. Can't reach them by phone. If anybody has phone # please share. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Re: club member phone service

I signed up for a book type club and received a gardening book.  I tried to return it and it was sent back.  The book went from $29.95 to $32.45 because I did pay them on time, I had returned the book so I didn't pay the bill.  The new bill reflects a $2.50 charge for postage and handling fee and will continue to be added until I pay the bill.  There is no phone number to talk to a human.  If anybody has a phone number other than 1-800-324-8454 and will allow me to talk to a human please share.  I think this is a scam company that promises things for free then you end up paying for them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2013 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Home-Gardening-Club/internet/National-Home-Gardening-Club-Returned-item-they-still-sent-a-bill-Cant-reach-them-by-p-1038176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Home Gardening Club

Re: club member phone service

AUTHOR: Lostintheshuffle - ()

I also have had issues with this company continuing to bill for returned items, and difficulty connecting with their member services number. I am a life member and have been since their start-up.

For the second year in a row I was about to pay for a calendar I returned - simply to stop the deluge of bills, and decided to also call and cancel my life membership. Oddly enough, when choosing 'Cancel membership' from their automated phone tree I was promptly connected with a customer service representative. In the past, choosing 'promblems with being billed for a returned item' got me disconnected or put on hold. A hold which did not end.

The representative politely offered to not only remove the calendar from my account, but to opt me out of future product mailings while still receiving the magazine. Since I still enjoy the magazine, I decided to try that. I really hope these promised actions materialize, but suggest you choose cancellation as the auto-direct option if your problem is disconnecting or being put on interminable hold.