Complaint Review: Needles and Shears

• Submitted: Sun, July 22, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, July 22, 2012

• Reported By: Bebe — Pasadena, CA California U.S.A.
Needles and Shears
6051 Business Center Court, 4-8189 San Diego, California United States of America

Needles and Shears Shoddy Slipcover San Diego, California

I have purchased several slipcovers from this company, and other than a long delay in shipping for one of them, the quality has been fine...until now. The most recent slipcover I bought was made of denim, which I purposefully ordered with a loose fit to compensate for any shrinkage after washing. The cover looked fine when I got it and fit my sofa loosely, so I was happy. When it came time to wash it, I used cold water and allowed the cover to air dry (no mean feat, since I do not
have a clothesline, I had to drape it over my dining table.) To my horror, the texture of the denim changed from smooth to rough, like hop sacking, and the cover had shrunk by 25%!!  I could no longer put it on my sofa! When I called/wrote the company seeking help, I was told that I could send the cover back at my own expense and they would rework it (@ $30 and hour) using the same shoddy denim they used for the original!! I, of course, declined their ridiculous offer.

I could never get them to address the issue of the substandard fabric they used. I surmise it is some cheap, low thread count stuff (probably from China) they bought to cut costs that is completely inappropriate for slipcovers, which, of course, must be washed from time to time. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! They do not stand behind their products.
They used to be a great resource. Now they're devolved into just another bunch of crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2012 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Needles-and-Shears/San-Diego-California-92154/Needles-and-Shears-Shoddy-Slipcover-San-Diego-California-915774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Needles and Shears