Complaint Review: NetZero

NetZero
www.netzero.com Internet United States of America

NetZero REFUSED TO CANCEL MY ACCT, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We monitor all calls from our callers

On August 12, 2007 I signed up for NetZero internet service at my college apt using my dad's CC.  Immediately after signing up I recieved a conformation email which stated that NetZero required a dial-up connection.  I didn't have phone service.  Nowhere on the website when I was signing up did it state that the service was dial up.  I didn't know.  WHen I found out, I emailed the company asking them to cancel my service immediately before my dad's CC was charged because I didn't have a phone line to use.  They emailed me back and stated that they couldn't cancel accts over the internet, it would have to be over the phone.

So on August 14, 2007, I called and canceled.  Supposedly.  I didn't notice that they were still charging me until January 21, 2008, when I emailed them again and asked if my account was canceled.  They responded saying I would have to call.  So I called.  The account was in fact NOT cancelled so I told them that they needed to do so ASAP and credit my dad's card.  Time went by and I forgot about NetZero as the CC wasn't mine so I didn't read the stmts.  A few weeks ago, my dad called me and asked why I was still using NetZero as he thought I'd had problems with them in the past.  We came to find out that NetZero had continued to charge the credit card the entire time (OVER TWO YEARS) even though I had called and cancelled TWICE!!!

What more do I have to do to get this over with?!  So my dad called NetZero and told them that we wanted the service cancelled asap and to stop charging his CC.  He cancelled his CC as he didn't trust them and, of course, last week I recieved an E-Bill from them asking for a payment as the CC wouldn't clear.  I CALLED THEM AGAIN, TODAY, and asked them to send me a confirmation that THIS TIME IT HAD BEEN CANCELLED.  I will never do business with them and I would strongly recommend that no one else does either.  I asked to speak with a supervisor and she told me that she had no record of the phone calls.  Isn't that convenient?  This time I was smart enough to get a cancellation reference # 044582448 so I have it in writing that it was done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2009 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NetZero/internet/NetZero-REFUSED-TO-CANCEL-MY-ACCT-Internet-512158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NetZero

We monitor all calls from our callers

AUTHOR: Grace - (United States of America)

Yes, we do not accept cancellation online and you need to call our customer service representative in order to process your cancellation request for your account. All conversations is monitored. It is impossible for us not to process your cancellation if we receive a call from you requesting for cancellation. Also, we have a automatic log showing all kinds of requests, date and time and who process your requests that was made. And if one of the supervisor told you that there is no record shows that you called in to cancel your account so that means we did not received any form of cancellation requests from your end. So I suppose, that you thought that your account has been cancelled since you are not using the service.

philosophical