Complaint Review: North American Moving

• Updated: Wed, June 29, 2011

• Reported By: Jen — Roanoke Virginia United States of America
North American Moving

North American Moving Thieves, Liars, Scam Artists none, Internet

I contracted with North American Moving through uship.com to move from Roanoke, VA to Spokane, WA at the end of December of 2009.  They sent someone to pick up my belongings for transfer to their trailer and told me to pay him $300.  They had me deliver my car to the transporter and pay him $750. Both these costs were supposed to come off the total price of the move, so that when they delivered my belongings to me in WA I would only owe them $300.

By the end of February I still had not received my belongings, but I was assured by Joe Sanders that everything was on the way, but that the weather was holding up the trucks.  I had nothing but 3 changes of clothing for myself and my son and my laptop for 2 months as I waited for my stuff to be delivered.

Finally, I received and email from Joe stating that NAM was going out of business and that I would have to arrange alternate transportation for my belongings...THAT WERE STILL IN STORAGE IN VA!  They had never even picked up my things even as they lied and said everything was on the way,

I called a different moving company, one that was legitimate, and wound up paying an extra $2000 to have them deliver my things to me in WA.  I was never refunded the money I had paid against the total contracted price I was quoted and on top of that I had to pay an ADDITIONAL $400 to the storage people on top of the $300 I'd already paid them when they picked everything up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2011 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-American-Moving/internet/North-American-Moving-Thieves-Liars-Scam-Artists-none-Internet-747248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North American Moving