Complaint Review: Nutritional Fulfillment Center

• Updated: Wed, August 31, 2011

• Reported By: sucker_no? — STOCKPORT Internet United Kingdom
Nutritional Fulfillment Center
400 Cleveland Street, Suite 800 Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Nutritional Fulfillment Center Nutritional Fulfillment Center, 400 Cleveland St, Suite 800, Clearwater, Fl 33755 Beri Ultimate Pro (Trial) Weight Loss or Money Loss Programme? Clearwater, Florida

*Author of original report: Partial refund and correction to amount of unauthorised debit.

This company offered a free trial of weight loss pills in a UK national newspaper. The trial offer was for a month's supply of Beri Ultimate pro pills at a total cost of 2.95 inc. P&P. Insofar as I was aware these were the terms of the offer which I paid for with a bank debit card. I received an acknowlegement for my order by email notifying me that this transaction would appear on my bank account statement under the description of E-health.

The pills duly arrived and a debit was made to my bank account on July 20th 2011. All appeared fine and dandy until I later checked my bank account and found that a further debit of 69.95 had been made on 16th August 2011 which I had not authorised. This money had been taken by www.e-Healthweb.com. To add further insult to injury my bank had added a further 1.50 debit card charges presumably for a dollar transaction of $104.93 which translates to 69.95 in real money. On questioning this transaction with the bank teller I was told that this sort of scam was not unknown to the banking fraternity.

On telephoning the UK 0207-084-4081 several times and being deliberately put on hold and kept waiting for several minutes I did eventually manage to speak to a call centre person representing the company. After being told that I had signed up to a trial programme which entitled the company to debit my account to the tune of a further $104.93 on a monthly basis. I categorically stated that I had made no such undertaking and that my entire remit was for a total amount of 2.95. I asked for the UK address of their company so that I could report it to UK Trading Standards. This was not forthcoming but I managed to otain a 15 digit RMA code to attach to my return package containing the trial sample of pills upon receipt of which the company would refund my monies in total. I have today packaged the pills and returned them to the above Clearwater address in Florida at a cost of 2.07 and await the outcome. I am less than optimistic as to the outcome.

As a further safeguard I have cancelled my debit card and requested a replacement from my bank. This should prevent any further unauthorised withdrawals from my account. I am also contacting Trading Standards in the UK because this scam was perpetrated under the auspices of a UK national daily paper.

Will keep you posted on further developments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2011 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nutritional-Fulfillment-Center/Clearwater-Florida-33755/Nutritional-Fulfillment-Center-Nutritional-Fulfillment-Center-400-Cleveland-St-Suite-800-766338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nutritional Fulfillment Center

Partial refund and correction to amount of unauthorised debit.

AUTHOR: sucker_no? - (United Kingdom)

Correction

The amount of the unauthorised debit previously stated at 69.95 was actually 66.49. Bank charges for this debit taken in US dollars were 1.50 as previously stated.

Update as at 31st Aug.

After several emails to this company I am pleased to report a debit card REFUND of 63.45 on my bank statement dated 26th Aug.

I am still trying to obtain a full refund from this company and I am challenging the debit card fee from my UK bank for an unauthorised withdrawal from my account.

Whilst this refund is heading in the right direction I am still seething at this unauthorised withdrawal from my account. I am also checking my account regularly to ensure that no further unauthorised withdrawals are made. This kind of behaviour is an affront to all decent people and needs to stopped. Furthermore it damages the reputation of all US based internet companies. So we all lose out in the end.

Does anyone know of a US equivalent to the UK Trading Standards Agency? I need to take action with a branch serving the Clearwater area of Florida.

Will keep you posted.