• Report: #819182

• Updated: Fri, January 06, 2012

• Reported By: quito — Austin Texas United States of America
Oak Ridge Apartment

Oak Ridge Apartment charge, lie, Internet

Im living in Oakridge apartment, Austin, TX.  Several weeks ago, I made an electric payment for water bill using the apartment website, and I found out that I mistyped my bank account number; so I made an electric transfer again with using the correct account number. Both transaction (one failed, one successful) made much before the due date, and I also had enough prepaid amount.

This morning, the apartment office noticed me that I need to pay extra $25 because I mistyped the account number once. They said that the bank charged them the wrong transaction fee.

I couldnt understand that, so I checked with my bank (BoA) and they told me that they never charged with wrong account number. So, I figured out that they were lying and trying to charge me with nothing. (this kind of things happened few months ago too)

So, I went to the apartment, and then, they said the contract says I should pay extra $35 for returned check or rejected electronic payment in the clause 6.

I can see that too, but what it means in the clause is that if the transaction could not be made after the payment of the rent; and one failed to pay the RENT before the due date (because of wrong check), one should pay extra $35 for that; not for making a mistake with the account number and successfully paid right after that.

I think they try to rip me off; and this is really unfair. They cannot just charge me and threat me. How can I resolve this problem?  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2012 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oak-Ridge-Apartment/internet/Oak-Ridge-Apartment-charge-lie-Internet-819182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oak Ridge Apartment