Complaint Review: Oasis Energy

• Updated: Fri, September 21, 2012

• Reported By: Christina — Laurel Maryland United States of America
Oasis Energy
11152 Westheimer #901, Houston, Texas United States of America

Oasis Energy Misrepresentation of Services and Ethically defiecient Business Practices Houston, Texas

*General Comment: Will from Oasis Energy

*UPDATE Employee: From Oasis Energy

I was contacted by Oasis Energy telemarketers stating that if I switched service, I would have substantially lower electric bills than BGE (in Maryland) could provide.  I was later mailed a "Thank you" letter which should have had a terms and conditions pamphlet in it and did not or it would be in my file with what I received from Oasis.

Oasis energy claimed in the letter to have a "continued competitive variable rate" as service continued.  This has not been the case as Oasis is charging 12.625 per kilowatt hour compared to BGE's charge of 9.146 per kilowatt hour (PKWH).  I was not made aware of the variable charges Oasis would be implementing like that of an ARM mortgage.  The telemarketer scheme is comparable to illegal "Bait & Switch" techniques.

I was also not informed that BGE would be billing me a separate charge while on the phone with the telemarketer, which would have made any savings with Oasis Energy pointless.

I was not informed that I was to be entering into a contract for 24 month period either. The telemarketer didn't inform me of a cancellation fee which I am told now that I contacted customer service will be $104.00 and WILL NOT TAKE PLACE UNTIL 1-2 BILLING CYCLES. This basically means the can keep taking advantage of me through disingenuous business practices.

I was simply asked if I agreed to terms & conditions that we had discussed, which was an incomplete disclosure of full understanding. The billing from Oasis is ethically deficient.

This complaint involves Billing issues, sales issues, contract issues, & guarantee issues. I can only select one complaint type (through BBB website), however this can be considered several of the above options for complaint type.

This company is taking advantage of the American consumer who is working to make a living just to have it scammed away, instead of having anything left to save.  I have daily tasks that require my attention and this shouldn't have to be one of them.

How does this company get an A- rating with BBB? They aren't an accredited BBB business & have 24 complaints. 18 of these complaints are within the past year. http://www.bbb.org/houston/business-reviews/electric-companies/oasis-energy-in-houston-tx-90018924/

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oasis-Energy/Houston-Texas-77042/Oasis-Energy-Misrepresentation-of-Services-and-Ethically-defiecient-Business-Practices-Ho-943676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oasis Energy

#1 General Comment

Will from Oasis Energy

AUTHOR: 60srad - ()

"Hello?"
"Hello sir, this is Will from Oasis Energy."
"..."
"Hello?"
"Hello ..."
"Hello, this is Will from Oasis Energy calling about your BGE bill. Are you the account holder?"
"Who wants to know?"
"I'm Will from Oasis Energy."
"Never heard of it. Did you ever hear of the Do Not Call Registry?"
"Goodbye sir."

From Oasis Energy

AUTHOR: Customer Concerns - (United States of America)

We, at Oasis Energy, take pride at the high level of satisfaction of our customers.  We sincerely apologize to this customer, and if she did not receive the rate, savings, or customer service she expected we hope that she will contact our customer service center again and ask to speak to the manager.

This posting does not have enough information for Oasis to research the specific account or contact the customer.  If she will contact us, we will better understand why the expected savings were not seen and make the necessary adjustments to ensure her satisfaction.

Oasis takes pride at the extremely low number of complaints we receive and we take each one seriously.  The overwhelming majority of our customers are happy with the service and prices.  We hope to make to remedy this to the satisfaction of the customer.