Complaint Review: OutRank by Rogers

• Updated: Wed, September 04, 2013

• Reported By: Scotty — Toronto Ontario
OutRank by Rogers
545 Lake Shore Blvd West Toronto, Ontario Canada

OutRank by Rogers OutRank by Rogers, out sourced SEO & SEM, taught their sales rep to lie, and to lie even more. Toronto Ontario

*UPDATE Employee: Outrank reply

Just as two other reports had stated. Rogers OutRank, or AKA OutRank by Rogers, partner with Yodle (use to be OutRank.com). Over promised and under delievered. The story of my tattoo shop is similar to the two other stories here.

But that is not even what I am so angry or felt ripped off about. Little did I know, the entire process, I meant the entire process of Rogers OutRank were built on deception, manipulation and lies.

A friend and a long time customer recently revealed to me that he had worked for Rogers Out Rank not too long ago. He laughed when I said the search engine optimization and what the ROI calculator showed me was not delievered.

According to him, let's call him Steve, the entire process was engineered to solicit business out of ignorant fool like my self. Steve asked me if I received a call from a sales rep and asked if I can help them out. I asked if it was a standard script. Steve laughed and said, the entire process, the entire process from the introduction, to the "presentation" booking, the "presentation", all the way to the "I'll talk to my manager" was scripted, and was written in a book that all Rogers OutRank sales people had to follow line by line.

Steve explained further how everything was a lie, and they were told to lie to potential customers. Steve said they asked us the small business owners for help because psychologically,  it drops our defensive guard. This remind me how a lot of muggings happen with some one asking for direction, or to borrow a cell phone. Then they will ask for a 1 minute pitch, but it's way longer than 1 minute, and at the end of the 1 minute pitch, they will ask for a 10-15 minutes presentation.

Steve continued and asked if I realized that the 10-15 minute presentation was really 1 hour long. I said I knew, but it was full of interesting informations. Steve, told me everytime they asked for soemthing, it was a lie. They asked for 60 seconds to listen to the pitch but well aware that it wasn't 60 seconds but much longer. They asked for 10-15 minutes for a presentation but they are well aware the process takes up to 1 hour. They tell us that the presentation were customized and research was done but it was all lies. No research was done, and the presentation that they showed us were all standard.

Steve told me the whole process was what psychologist call foot in the door technique. This is what Wikipedia said about foot in the door technique: Essentially, the more a subject goes along with small requests or commitments, the more likely that subject is to continue in a desired direction of attitude or behavioral change and feel obligated to go along with larger requests.[4] FITD works by first getting a small 'yes' and then getting an even bigger 'yes.'

I looked up foot in the door after our conversation, but after steve explained to me how the entire process was to get me to say "yes" to small commitments then eventually the big "yes" was selling me the service. My blood was boiling.

Even the "I'll talk to my manager to get you a better price" was sripted. The sales people over there were told to fake talking to the manager, and continue to offer discount until it was chop down to the base price.

Well I was lied to and learn my lesson the hard way. And if wasn't for my friend, who I call Steve in this reportm, i would have never knew that I was tricked and manipulated into signing a deal.

Beware if you are reading this. Hopefully you are not reading this too late.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 09:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OutRank-by-Rogers/Toronto-Ontario/OutRank-by-Rogers-OutRank-by-Rogers-out-sourced-SEO-SEM-taught-their-sales-rep-to-lie-1081784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OutRank by Rogers

Outrank reply

AUTHOR: Stephan89 - ()

I just read this article on my iphone. Since this site is not mobile optimized, it was extremely hard to read. I had to zoom in and scroll constantly. I won't be back to this site.