Complaint Review: PEPBOYS

• Reported By: Don Eason — Hazlehurst Georgia United States of America
PEPBOYS
Abecorn Savannah, Georgia United States of America

PEPBOYS Buy three tires get one free SCAM Savannah, Georgia

Recently made a purchase of four tires at Pepboys based on the salesman that I will recieve a rebate for one if I purchased a set of four . I was skeptical as I always had trouble getting any rebates from any store purchase and never recieving them. But the salemans assured me I would get this one without any problem. We went through all the red tape and I asked if there was any thing special I had to purchase he stated no. After a $1000.00 bill for tires I purchased he said I would get a rebate of $198 within four weeks . He filled out the rebate form and siad all I have to do is mail it and they would send me a prepaid visa for the amount. Sounds great! Well time passes and I get a post card in the mail saying that I didn't make a reqiured purchase of road hazzard warranty therefore denying rebate I KNEW THEY WOULD HAVE AN EXCUSE. The store said nothing about I had to make any extra purchase . So I called the 800 # And get a voice that I couldnt understand much of what he said but he made it clear they will not honor the rebate. I advised him that I own 9 locations that deal with over 200 walk in customers per day at each of them and I will put up a poster of the post card and my experiance with PEPBOYS and give them alot of free advertisment about their tire scam rebates. So far this poster has raised alot of eyebrows and questions. And they have lost allot of potential customers. BTW there is nothing on the rebate form stating I have to purchase road hazzard. They may have scammed me out of the $198.00 but all this advertisement will cost them alot more. When I mentioned doing this the operator said it was no skin off his back he didnt care what I done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2011 04:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PEPBOYS/Savannah-Georgia-/PEPBOYS-Buy-three-tires-get-one-free-SCAM-Savannah-Georgia-793762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PEPBOYS