Complaint Review: PETLAND NOVI

• Reported By: Patti — Novi Michigan United States of America
PETLAND NOVI
27200 Novi Rd Novi, Michigan United States of America

PETLAND NOVI Randy/Owner Sold us a very sick puppy. Novi, Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion to help your dog. Not a rebuttal.

Petland Novi, sold us a very sickly puppy and told us it was merely a cold and sent us home with medicine for her. When I took her to Petland's vet (Randy said we HAD to take her to Petland's vet or the warranty was no good), I was told she had Kennel Cough not a cold, which was already in the first stages of pneumonia. When they started running blood work on her, they said she had a very elevated white cell count put her on another medicine and said she needed breathing treatments, daily. Then, they sent me to a specialist who ran CAT scans, sent her feces off to a special lab, only to find out she had parasites in her small intestine.  More medicine and more blood work-ups. She was 6 months old before we got her white cell count under control.  All the while Randy kept telling me, he couldn't continue to pay for this. He was so rude and uncaring.

I asked Randy for her papers and was told I couldn't have them until the warranty time had expired. [continued below]....
..... When I finally demanded the papers, I found out who the breeder was (I had been asking Randy all along who the breeder was and was told NOT to worry about it, the breeder was very well known and ran a good, healthy facility). After a lot of research and a trip to Baltic, OH., I found out this so called breeder was a "Puppy Mill".  When I confronted Randy about my findings, he denied everything, said ALL his breeders were well-known and very good and not one puppy came from a puppy mill. I showed him all the USDA reports I had and he all but called me a liar.

To this day, our little Cocker still has problems because of all the in breeding and we're finding out, because of the in-breeding, she may not have the long life that most dogs would have.

Please help us, the people that have been fooled by Petland Novi/Randy and being sold sickly puppies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PETLAND-NOVI/Novi-Michigan-/PETLAND-NOVI-RandyOwner-Sold-us-a-very-sick-puppy-Novi-Michigan-974926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PETLAND NOVI

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion to help your dog. Not a rebuttal.

AUTHOR: Loraine - (United States of America)

I read your report. All petcstores are that crappy, as are most breeders. Research back yard breeders. Anyway, my back yard bred Toy Poodle became terribly ill. Her health improved trmendously when we put both dogs on a raw diet. I highly recommend you research it. Most vets are against it, so you'll probably not get any help from them. There are a ton of raw feeding websites you can google.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC