Complaint Review: PORTRAIT INNOVATIONS

• Submitted: Thu, January 28, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 05, 2012

• Reported By: SHANE — Wichitaq Kansas United States of America
PORTRAIT INNOVATIONS
2016 AYRSLEY WICHITA KANSAS, CHARLOTTE NORTH CAROLINA, Kansas United States of America

PORTRAIT INNOVATIONS UNETHICAL EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES WICHITA KANSAS, CHARLOTTE NORTH CAROLINA

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: It happened to me too

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: wow

I am a former employee who enjoyed his short term of employment. I resigned from a previous employer to join Portrait Innovations because they offered me a full-time position at higher annual salary plus bonuse potential and rewarding career. My educational background is media/photgraphy so why not.

The company paid for travel expenses during a one week intensive training, during this time I signed all typical employee/employer paper work (I9 forms, w-4 etc.) Also I signed a non-compete form forbidding me to work independatly. The company also stressed sales/customer service was a prime condition of work. This is to ensure studios/company maintains an average sale of $106. This number can vary depending on how much it costs to maintain business.

Upon arrival to my studio I was put in an expected high volume and stressfull studio (Nov. 18th- holiday season). I took direction which was provided and went above and beyond expectations to make the new opportunity the best as possible. During this time it was common practices to complete a phot shoot and move on to anothe photo shoot while some other photographer presented your previous to the customer. This is the part where you make your sales. So it was not uncommon that during one day two or three of your shoots were shown by another photographer.
My average sale during this period  of time was one of the lower photographers ($90) but as newcommer my shoots typically were of one or two people maybe three. The number of people does make the avg. sale potential alot lower than 6 or 8 people.

This is the unethical part: On January the 5th, after the holdiay rush my studio manager came to me with release papers stating that the company had to make cut backs and it was not her decision to let me go. She was told to by the VP of operations (Johnny Grosso) to let me go because my sales were of lower than average. I remind you I did not present or sell to all my customers. My release aggrement did not state why I was being terminated, it just stated my severance pay and conditions. I was forced to sign my release under distress that night before I left or I was not going receive any severance pay. I worked for the company less tha 60 days and gave all my effort to the success of myself and company.

Here is the burn of the deal: On January 28th I am reading my e-mails and what pops up. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNIYTY WITH PORTRAIT INNOVATIONS at the same location that I was employed and place that was overstaffed. The difference between my offer is a slight lower amount of pay with the same title.

The company is clearly using a 90 day loop hole to take advantage of employees while helping their financial statements, all at the cost myself and family during these hard economic times the nation is facing. To all Portrait Innovation personel, picture this me and my wife and 18mo old son kicked out their home because the bank foreclosed on their house. All because the greed of one company over an indvidual.

If there is some legal action that can be done against this company let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2010 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PORTRAIT-INNOVATIONS/-WICHITA-KANSAS-CHARLOTTE-NORTH-CAROLINA-Kansas-/PORTRAIT-INNOVATIONS-UNETHICAL-EMPLOYMENT-PRACTICES-WICHITA-KANSAS-CHARLOTTE-NORTH-CAROL-561297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PORTRAIT INNOVATIONS

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

It happened to me too

AUTHOR: morrow - (United States of America)

I have a similar story only it happened in louisville, ky. These people are evil. They refused to give me a service number or access to any human resource people. This company is a scam.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

wow

AUTHOR: honestyisthebestpolicy2 - (United States of America)

...and what sucks is your now under a two year non compete and you can't even work at a camera store. Even if photography was your life's work, you are still under contract. I'm not sure if your under a hire at will state, but the contract anodes that so tech. they have to provided you with reason for termination . This company cares about money- that's it. They will eat you and spit you out for 9.95 cents.