Complaint Review: Palm Bay Marina

• Reported By: chris — Hudson Florida United States of America
Palm Bay Marina
4350 Dixie Hwy NE Internet United States of America

Palm Bay Marina Blew my motor Palm Bay Florida, Internet

Took my boat in for a fuel problem in November.  Engine had been recently rebuilt but had been sitting for a while and wouldn't start.  I took it in to get engine running and checked out.  They cleaned the carbs, changed the VRO PUMP,  fixed tilt and trim problem.  Kept calling all the time with more problems.  I told them not to nickel and dime it just get the boat running.  They called and said the boat was fixed and ran well.  after 2 months.  I went to pick up the boat and paid them $1500.00 ( a little excessive)  Went to put the boat in the water and the mechanic came out and yelled at me and told me I couldn't launch there.  I told him I just spent $ 1500.00 and I was going to sea trial the boat.  Put the boat in the water and couldn't get the boat started.  Finally got it started and it died out 15 feet from the dock.  Paddled back to the dock and got the mechanic to go out with me.  Boat ran rough and kept stalling.  Turned around and went back to the dock.  Told him to fix the problem and I would pick it up later.  They kept calling and adding more parts and money.  Bill was up to $ 2400.00.  They called me and said they couldn't fix it and I should take it back to te mechanic I had it rebuilt at.  I gave them $ 1650.00 and told them that was all I was paying.  Took the boat to another mechanic and the engine was blown.  Turns out they forgot to add oil after they drained the tank.  So the first time they took it out and said it ran great they blew the engine.  and then tried to charge me $ 2300.00 for there mistake..  Beware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palm-Bay-Marina/internet/Palm-Bay-Marina-Blew-my-motor-Palm-Bay-Florida-Internet-868276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palm Bay Marina