Complaint Review: Patient First Richmond VA

• Reported By: AW123 — Glen Allen Virginia United States of America
Patient First Richmond VA
2205 N. Parham Road Richmond, Virginia United States of America

Patient First Screwed up my credit! Richmond, Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Patient First would like to research your concerns.

*Consumer Comment: Remind them of the FCRA

I too had my credit screwed up by Patient First in 1997 - 2000. I utilized the Parham Rd (north) location as my primary care. I worked for a company in Richmond VA I had Cigna insurance. Patient First had my information on file. I then left my old employer and started a new job. Ironically, the new employer used Cigna as their insurance carrier as well. I gave Patient First my new card from the new employer and notice claims were being denied. I called Cigna and was advised they had not received any claims. I went by Patient First and asked what member ID they where using from my medical card the receptionist verified the id number and it was incorrect they were still using my old Cigna card. I advised again to please remove the old id card cigna from their systems because claims are being denied.

After a couple of months I began getting notices from Patient First stated they are going to send me to collections if I did not make a payment on outstanding balances due. I went to Patient First and had spoken a supervisr named Debbie she looked into the computer and said yes you are correct we will have the billing office get this problem corrected and make their billing department uses the correct card. I thought everything was finally resolved. I began getting phones calls again from the Patient First billing department stating we have no notes from Debbie the supervisor and if you do not pay the claims we are going to send you to collections. I called and visited Patient First for nearly a year without any resoloution and they sent my account to collections.  I don't know how to get this removed I am looking to buy a new home but I cannot  get a goog interest rate due to this problem. I had insurance but Patient First applied the claims to the inccorect account. I don't know why other people posted to this site is having the same issue and a class action suit has not been filed. This makes me so angry because I had insurance but due to Patient First and their incompotents I have to suffer.

Lastly, to validate my problem as well as others on this website I remember watching a news story/report on TV in Richmond, VA about a woman who had the same problem with Patient First  had it not been for her taking her story to the news she would be on this website posting the same problems everyone else is having with Patient First.

Can someone please tell me what I should do to get this off of my credit report?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2011 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Patient-First-Richmond-VA/Richmond-Virginia-23229/Patient-First-Screwed-up-my-credit-Richmond-Virginia-694494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Patient First Richmond VA

Patient First would like to research your concerns.

AUTHOR: Patient First - (United States of America)

My name is Teresa and I represent Patient First.  I have read this post with great interest and would like to discuss it with you further.  Please call me directly at 1-800-447-8588, ext. 4348.

Remind them of the FCRA

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

You should send a certified, Return Receipt Requested letter and remind them of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.  This is a federal statute.  You can download it from the FTC website www.ftc.gov

Generally, debts as this are reported for 7 years from the date of the last activity or charge off.  If you haven't made any payments on this since 2000, it must be removed from your credit reports.

You should send the letter to them and the three credit reporting agencies and demand this delinquent credit line be removed.

There is an exception-if they obtained a civil judgment against you, then it stays on your credit report for as long as the statute of limitations for civil judgments in the state of the court that granted the judgment.  Here's an example based on NY State.   If a NYS court awards a civil judgement, then the judgment stays on your credit report for 20 YEARS (20 years is the SOL for money judgements in NY State.)

Good luck.