Complaint Review: Paula Crawford

• Updated: Tue, March 15, 2011

• Reported By: Deb — Lyme Connecticut United States of America
Paula Crawford
463 Pumpkin Hill Road Ledyard, Connecticut United States of America

Paula Crawford Leaning Birch Equestrian Center and Kennels Beware when doing business with Paula Crawford of Leaning Birch Equestrian Center and Kennels Ledyard, Connecticut

You are not alone.

Warning to anyone who does business with Paula Crawford, horses or dogs!

Never pay her in cash, do not leave without a reciept and a bill of sale even if she promises to get one to you the next day. Always check the history on the animals she sells! Any health garentee she offers is a joke, sounds good until you have a problem, then she won't stand by it. I personally know of several people who purchased dogs from her, the animals had medical problems and when they went back to her they were told that it wasn't her problem and "That's the one you wanted, it's not my fault you picked that one".

I recommend that you speak to the Vet that she uses to get the real history on the animal you buy, you might just be surprised. I know of several people that were!

In 2004 I purchased a registered Paint Horse from Paula Crawford, before I got wise to her game. When I paid the deposit on my horse she asked for cash becasue she had to pay her help and couldn't make it to the bank. I asked for a reciept and she didn't have time to write one, said I'd get it the next day. Every day it was one excuse after another why she couldn't give me one that day or the next day or the next week. This went on for 2 years.

I finally moved my horse to another stable and as of today I still have not recieved my horses registration papers from Paula Crawford despite attempts to contact her via certified mail. When I see her in the grocery store or the pet shop she scampers down an aisle and hides.

I would not recommend her to anyone, for anything. And I don't!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2011 02:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Paula-Crawford/Ledyard-Connecticut-06339/Paula-Crawford-Leaning-Birch-Equestrian-Center-and-Kennels-Beware-when-doing-business-with-706106. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paula Crawford