Complaint Review: Paul's TVs and Appliances

• Reported By: Misstacie — Los Angeles California
Paul's TVs and Appliances
1519 Hawthorne Blvd Redondo Beach, California USA

Paul's TVs and Appliances Bait And Switch Promotion Redondo Beach California

I thought I'd go to the "experts" in order to get a good deal on a quality product w/ no hassle. HA!!  After getting the used car salesman's pitch, my fiance' and I chose a 65" Samsung costing $3300.  There were other stores w/ comparable prices but with the free delivery, and the promotional offer of a free Samsung 10" tablet, our choice was made easier.  We got our television as promised.  The delivery truck broke down in front of our house and was stuck there about 4 hours while the crew worked under the hood.  Luckily, our tv was tucked away in its new home, but judging by the 5 or 6 tvs left in the back of the delivery truck while it was broken down until 9pm or later, clearly several poor saps were very disappointed that night.  On the day of purchase, we were told that our tablet was not in stock and to check back in a few days.  I did so, several times over a four week period.  Each time I called, I got some story about how the old tablet was no longer available, but that I’d be getting the newer version….blah, blah, blah…

Finally, after a month and after losing my patience, I told them that I wanted what was promised or to refund the cost of the tablet to me.  Miraculously, the salesmen “found one in the back”.  Much to my disappointment, the tablet I picked up was not the 10” tablet which was promised and which was on display (there was no 7" table on display - so there was no confusion on our part) but it was a 7” version.  When my fiancé’ pointed out that the promise was for a 10” tablet and that we held the 10" tablet and was told that was what we'd get.  He was basically told, “Too bad.”  Since we were well past the return window, there wasn’t much we could do.  I later realized that I was being strung along for weeks in order to let my return window expire.I expect such tacky bait and switch from desperate mom and pop establishments, but not from a well know corporate chain.  I had a deposit on a refrigerator which I canceled. I am remodeling my home and will need several items that are sold there, however, this is a matter of retailer integrity, and apparently, Paul's has none.   I will never buy from Paul’s again, and I will ensure all of my co-workers, family, friends and social network associates are made aware of their deceptive tactics.  What crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pauls-TVs-and-Appliances/Redondo-Beach-California-90278/Pauls-TVs-and-Appliances-Bait-And-Switch-Promotion-Redondo-Beach-California-1095239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Paul's TVs and Appliances