Complaint Review: Petland Of Dunwoody, GA

• Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: P. Manning — Johns Creek Georgia
Petland Of Dunwoody, GA
4733B Ashford Dunwoody RD Dunwoody, Georgia USA

Petland Of Dunwoody, GA My daughter and I financed a Malteese puppy approx. 14 hours ago. We signed a finance contract that required $500 down payment and $218 per month. The contract also stated that we had 48 hours to return the dog minus a 50% restocking fee. The sleezy smelly manager refused to refund our 50% back..we actually had to pay an additional $360 to cancel the contract. They did not explain any of that to us. The contract also states that the store manager may make a decision to give us a full refund or store credit...when we pointed that phrase to her she started stuttering. I asked her for the owner or district manager's information and she gave me a generic email address and said that he is a SILENT Private owner. This place charged us $860.00 for a puppy that we only had for 14 hours. Petland is a RIPOFF. I later found that the puppies come from puppy mills. I'm writing to the corporate headquarters to file a complaint against the owner in hopes of recouping some of my money back. I'm hoping they will take a look at his license and shady business practices. Dunwoody Georgia

*Author of original report: Petland of Dunwoody DOES care.

We financed a puppy from Petland in Dunwoody GA approx 14 hours ago.  We put $500 down and financed the rest.  The contract that we signed stated that we could return the puppy within 48 hours minus a 50% restocking fee.  Now here's the ripoff......we expected to get $ 250 back after returning the dog but we instead we ended having to pay an additional $360 to end the finance contract.  The contract clearly states that the store manager may make the decision to refund the purchase price but instead this smelly shady manager refused and required us to pay her!!! This is a shady bait and switch operation.  When I requested to get the contact information of the owner, the dog breath manager  gave me a generic email address instead.  I will be writing to the CEO of Petland in hopes of recouping some of my money back from this place.  It is an outrage that they can swindle people into paying $860 for a dog that they have only kept for 14 hours.  This place is a ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2014 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petland-Of-Dunwoody-GA/Dunwoody-Georgia-30338/Petland-Of-Dunwoody-GA-My-daughter-and-I-financed-a-Malteese-puppy-approx-14-hours-ago-1151257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petland Of Dunwoody, GA

Petland of Dunwoody DOES care.

AUTHOR: P. Manning - ()

Petland of Dunwoody was able to clearly explain to us their policy.

The manager has been very patient and understanding.

We have our little puppy back after so much confusion on our part.

The manager was great.  Petland really does care about customer service

and their animals.