• Report: #1020862

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: SuingPlanetFitness — Oviedo Florida United States of America
Planet Fitness Oviedo Florida
19 Alafaya Woods Blvd Oviedo, Florida United States of America

Planet Fitness Oviedo Florida Planet Fitness Oviedo, FL, Ralph W Smith, Sean Maderos, Jason Alderman Ripped Off $100 and They Will Not Pay It Back, Membership Cancelled For No Reason, Power Trip Oviedo, Florida

I bought a membership at PLANET FITNESS in OVIEDO, FLORIDA a couple months ago.  I went in there occasionally as I have another membership at Gold's Gym in Altamonte Springs.  Planet Fitness in Oviedo was always a little weird because of the ridiculous rules of not being allowed to make any noise and if you do they sound a stupid alarm on you - Just a weird vibe and you could tell people weren't happy just locked into a contract.

Anyways - A few nights ago I went into Planet Fitness in Oviedo to workout my arms.  I did what is called a superset (doing 2 things at once - no one else was even near by).  A worker of Planet Fitness (I believe his name was Alan) comes over and tells me I am not allowed to Super Set there.  I told the guy that I do this everytime I am at Planet Fitness in Oviedo and it has never been an issue.  The guy tells me if I do not like the rules "there's the door."  I couldn't believe what this kid told me so I said if you don't want me to do the workout put the weights back yourself.  He picked up the weights that I had sitting next to me and put them back on the rack.  He then proceeded to tell me if I do not like the rules he will just cancel my membership followed be me telling him that he would need to refund the entire year I had already paid for up front.

Alan walked away but for the rest of my time at the gym, the 4 workers at the Planet Fitness front desk (Sean Maderos, Jason Alderman, Alan, and some girl just stared at me.  If I got out of their line of sight, they would just walk to a different spot and post up watching me like a hawk.  At this point I was feeling pretty uncomfortable so I decided to end my workout early and go to the front desk.

When I got to the front desk all 4 workers were standing there as if they were waiting for me.  I asked for the 3 guys names to be written down so I could file a complaint.  At that point the manager said it doesn't matter because we are terminating your membership.  I said for what?  Jason said because you cussed out Alan.  I sternly told Jason that at no time did I cuss him out (he would have heard it as Planet Fitness Oviedo is a small gym).  Then Sean Maderos made some kind of rude insulting comment about my weight and at that point with the lack of professionalism they were showing, I told Sean Maderos "F*ck You."  He then threatened me and began to instigate a fight by saying things like "I'm right here b*tch" and "We can go outside."  I am guessing he may be on steroids by his lack of self control and how he represented the company he was working for.  Not wanting to go to jail for teaching Sean Maderos a lesson of respect, I left.

They cancelled my membership that I had already paid up for an entire year so I called the Planet Fitness corporate office.  I told the rude receptionist what happened and she informed me that it is not the problem of corporate as the locations are franchised and owned by different people.  I would need to complaint to the owner.  I did ask why Planet Fitness does not care how their franchisees represent their name and she had no answer.  I asked for the contact information so I could file a complaint with the owner of Planet Fitness Oviedo and she then said she could not give that to me.  I gave her my information and asked her to forward it to the owner.

To this day, no one has tried contacting me.  I have had to do my own research and find out that Ralph W Smith owns Planet Fitness Oviedo as well as World Gym Winter Park.  He obviously does not care about his members and certainly does not want to refund my money.

At this point I was verbally assaulted, threatened, and never received a refund.  Planet Fitness Corporate does not care and allows their locations to treat members however they want.

In addition to the BBB complaint I am filing next, I will be meeting with my legal team to file suit against Ralph W Smith personally in addition to Planet Fitness Oviedo, and Planet Fitness Corporate.  I feel as though I was wrongfully treated from both the club level as well as the corporate level.  I now have nightmares and cannot sleep from being threatened by their staff.

DO NOT GO TO PLANET FITNESS OVIEDO.  THE STEROID KID SEAN WILL PUFF UP HIS CHEST AND TRY TO ACT TOUGH.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 05:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness-Oviedo-Florida/Oviedo-Florida-32765/Planet-Fitness-Oviedo-Florida-Planet-Fitness-Oviedo-FL-Ralph-W-Smith-Sean-Maderos-Jaso-1020862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness Oviedo Florida