Complaint Review: Predicto Mobile

• Submitted: Mon, January 25, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, February 04, 2010

• Reported By: Margaret — Largo Florida United States of America
Predicto Mobile

Predicto Mobile Charged me on my Verizon cellphone bill for a service I never subscribed to, now refuse to refund my money. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Predicto Customer Service

I started to receive unsolicited text messages from "Predicto". I did not respond to the message, as I had no idea what it even was. I just received my Verizon cellphone bill and was charged $9.99 for a premium text. Upon investigation I learned that Predicto had charged my cell for a service I did not request.

I called Verizon and disputed the charge. They suggested I call Predicto as well, which I did. I was told that they would block and future calls and cancel "my account", but could not re-imburse me the $9.99. I asked to speak to a supervisor, indicating that I never had "an account", and was told that a supervisor would only tell me the same thing. Upon insisting that I speak to someone in charge, I was told that the "account" would be reviewed and I would be notified of a decision within 24 hours.

I never signed up for anything with this company. I never even heard of this company, prior to getting a text from them. I will not pay $9.99 for any service I did not request. I see MANY other similiar complaints...They need to be stopped!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2010 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Predicto-Mobile/internet/Predicto-Mobile-Charged-me-on-my-Verizon-cellphone-bill-for-a-service-I-never-subscribed-559765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Predicto Mobile

Predicto Customer Service

AUTHOR: Predicto Customer Service - (United States of America)

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at PredictoMobile take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like to address any concerns you may have. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-360-0518 so that we can resolve your inquiry; you can also contact our customer service at http://predicto.com/support or by sending an SMS message with the word HELP to 654654. Keep in mind, we post our toll-free customer service number on our website and include it in SMS messages we send to your cell phone.

Please note we use an industry best practice double opt-in to prevent inadvertent or fraudulent sign-ups. To enroll in our service, a prospective member must first submit their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains our terms and conditions including the monthly price of the service and billing to the cell phone. We then send a text message to their cell phone which again discloses the essential membership terms. They then must correctly enter the PIN on our website or reply with a confirmation SMS message from their cell phone to activate the account. The double opt-in process and clear disclosures ensures a high level of consumer protection and satisfaction. If a member wants to cancel the service, they can simply text stop to 654654 or call Customer Service or go to http://predicto.com/support.

We hope this addresses any concerns you may have; if not please contact us and well take care of your issues.

Sincerely,