Complaint Review: Priceline.com

• Submitted: Mon, December 24, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 24, 2012

• Reported By: curlytoo — Naples Florida United States of America

Priceline.com Priceline scam, bait and switch , Internet

Priceline offers the choice of booking a 5 star, 4 star, 3 star, 2 star, or "Resort".

When you look at the resort hotels and what the word "Resort" catagory includes, each one states: "All-Inclusvie Resort"  I looked at an area in Cancun that had 7 hotels listed under "resort" I then choose to bid for the catagory "resort" in the same location. The disclaimer said that there could be additional hotels in that catagory offered that had not been previously diplayed. I was ok with that since the 7 I saw all had the same ammenities and were in the same area with the same quality.

After my purchase, I was pleased to see that I had been assigned the Westin Resort and Spa in Cancun. That was great! I had seen that in one of the original 7 and liked the hotel. Upon calling to request a King size bed (as suggested on my confirmation page) I was informed that I had only purchased a room and that priceline did not booked an "All Inclusive" package. I was very confused. I called Priceline back and spoke with a customer service rep and then was transfered to a manger. Both would only read from a script, just repeatin the same sentence stating that they had the right to assign a hotel of their choosing that may have not been originally seen. I get that part! But the scam comes from choosing a catagory "Resort", then showing 7 all-inclusive resorts advertising them as all-inclusive and then not booking them that way. No one will help us and we are traveling tomorrow. This is Fraud!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2012 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pricelinecom/internet/Pricelinecom-Priceline-scam-bait-and-switch-Internet-986551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priceline.com