Complaint Review: Priority One Clearing Services

• Updated: Wed, March 28, 2012

• Reported By: C.S. — San Jose California United States of America
Priority One Clearing Services
1208 S. Myrtle Ave. Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Priority One Clearing Services Unsolicited magazine subscription, fabricated magazine account Clearwater, Florida

Last week I received "Latina" magazine in the mail. The thing is, I haven't subscribed to "Latina", or any other magazines for that matter. When I checked out the magazine's website and entered the account number on the magazine label, sure enough, there was an account with my name and address claiming that I had a year-long subscription that was "paid and active".

I contacted the magazine's customer service to let them know I had not ordered, did not pay and would not pay for their mag and requested that they please stop sending me any more issues. Here is their reply:

"Your order was received from an independent sales agency; therefore, cancellations and refunds must be made through them.

We have suspended service on your record and are forwarding your correspondence to the agency listed below.

If you would like to contact Priority One Clearing Service directly, please call 727-443-2200.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused."

When I looked up Priority One Clearing Services online I saw many, many complaints against them on various websites for the same thing: unsolicited magazine orders. I also saw Priority repeatedly claim that they act purely as a middleman for other companies/agents selling magazines. If Priority One is just a middleman, then they need a much better verification process with their agents; otherwise, why are so many people receiving magazines they did not order and are being told by said magazines that they need to contact Priority One Clearing Services to sort things out, the very company that placed the orders directly with the magazines?

I've yet to get through to the customer service department for Priority One to find out who allegedly took an order for me and how the subscription was paid for. I'm dreading receiving some sort of bill or auto-renewal for this magazine or for any other magazines I might receive that I also did not order.

In this age of rampant identity theft and monetary fraud, this unsolicted magazine problem is highly suspicious and seems like a scam designed to hold people financially responsible for products they did not order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2012 10:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Priority-One-Clearing-Services/Clearwater-Florida-33756/Priority-One-Clearing-Services-Unsolicited-magazine-subscription-fabricated-magazine-acc-860775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Priority One Clearing Services