Complaint Review: Professional Coin Grading Services

• Updated: Fri, February 14, 2014

• Reported By: Rod S. — Sparks Nevada
Professional Coin Grading Services
Internet USA

Professional Coin Grading Services PCGS ""UNDER INVESTIGATION !!!!!''' I submitted a red 1958-P doubled die obverse lincoln cent. PCGS sent me back a worthless replacement. It was obvious to me because my doubled die was missing the smooth finish on certain letters. P.O.Box 9458 Newport Beach California

*Consumer Comment: This Complaint is Fraudulent

As a paid member I submit directly to PCGS.  So, on December 23, 2013 I submitted a lot of four pennies.  Prompted by the red 1958-P doubled die obverse.  This particular coin is clearly doubled of the major variety.  After getting them back without doubled die attribution.  I noticed this coin doesn't have the die breaks like the one I submitted.

After contacting PCGS with my complaint.  It took eight business days before I spoke with anyone other than the receptionist.  On the 8th day I spoke with the operations manager.  I again told him about the problem  as he's looking over my complaint.  After telling me this isnt possible etc..  I began to ask if anyone had been questioned in the matter.  I'm sure the missing finish in certain areas alerted the fraud department.  He let me know that he was comming back from vacation.  He stated that he needed to physically go down start investigating to keep from guessing at this.  So, he said he would contact me the following day at 3pm.  We haven't spoken in five business days now.  None of my calls have been returned.

I hope this is a simple mixup.  However, I am preparing for the worst.  If anyone else has had simillar issues with PCGS please e-mail me at (((REDACTED))) @att.net.  No legal action has been taken at this time.  I'm simply looking to speak with anyone that has an issue with PCGS.  I'm also collecting contact info to any and all major media outlets.  Talk shows, news channels, publications etc..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 02:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Professional-Coin-Grading-Services/internet/Professional-Coin-Grading-Services-PCGS-UNDER-INVESTIGATION-I-submitted-a-red-1123502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Professional Coin Grading Services

This Complaint is Fraudulent

AUTHOR: Keep It Real - ()

This report is without merit and is nothing more than a silly attempt to cheat a legitimate business. If the original author had really submitted a genuine 1958 doubled die cent (easily worth into six figures), he would have taken photos of it prior to submitting it to PCGS. He also would have made a video recording of the packaging and sealing of the coin, as all sophisticated submitters now do before shipping a coin of great value. Further, where is his original mailing receipt indicating his estimate of the coin's true value? Don't tell me, he has "lost" it (LOL). A common scam in the coin business is to mail a company a worthless coin, then claim that the company switched it. Why would the original author mail a six-figure coin to anyone without taking any security precautions? Get a life, thief.