Complaint Review: Progress Energy Florida

• Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Baron — Orange City Florida
Progress Energy Florida

Progress Energy Florida Extortion Internet

I am a Florida resident and only have one energy company to choose from in my area That is Progress Energy, Progress Energy is a Natural Monopoly and since being there customer I have been hit with several charges that I could not do any thing about. In case #1 there where some Progress Energy contract workers working on electricity and broke my water line. The supervisor on the job said that he would get it taken care of but when I called Progress Energy's claims Department Keith Bently told me that it was my fault and my responsibility. They have also told me that I was responsible for a tampering fee which cost me $70.00. I am a retired military living on fixed income presently enrolled in school. One day my electricity was disconnected and I had it turned on with a $50.00 reconnection fee. Now they want to raise  my deposit they already have $345.00 of my money and want more, my bill only averages $200.00. They are the only choice and I have a small child and a son in school I have no choice but to pay or I loose my electricity. I feel this is extortion, I pay the late fees and they have my deposit I have suffered extreme stress dealing with this company. Because they are the only choice I have there is no recourse. If there is any problems there is nothing that I found can be done, I hope this complaint is heard and if anyone I mean anyone knows a way for me to get help please contact me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Progress-Energy-Florida/internet/Progress-Energy-Florida-Extortion-Internet-1043356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Progress Energy Florida