Complaint Review: Provo Travelodge

• Reported By: Mark & Angela — Orem Utah United States of America
Provo Travelodge
124 S University Ave Provo, Utah United States of America

Provo Travelodge, Travelodge Provo, Provo, Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Debit card?

This motel is a rip off. They claim $45 per night. We checked in for 3 nights. That equals $135.. They charged my account $220. I planned on them charging my account $135 - $160; they didn't, charged $220. Then that started causing me to bounce 3 checks. The day we left the hotel/motel travelodge Provo, we stopped at our bank and were notified we were bouncing checks. I immediately called the Travelodge, they claimed it was $151.50 total and it must be a bank error. We drove all the way back to the Travelodge in Provo. Received a copy of our bill, it was $151.50. Then they claimed it must be a bank error but said to call the owner in the morning. Next morning we called, he said "all banks over charge in case of damage, said it would go down to $151.50 and he just submitted it again the night before for the correct charge of $151.50. I waited the next day. The $220 hold was gone, but now a $166. [continued below]....
.....00 charge went through, not a 'hold' but a charge. Called the motel again, owner claimed it just takes a few more days for the "hold" to let go (I had no hold, just a charge). A few days later.... no change. It has now been 2 weeks, still no change in my $166 charge.

So let's pretend I stole a credit card. If I did this, I would be in jail. But notice a motel can do this and it's not a crime, but only a civil matter. I called the police; it's a civil matter.

So a company can use my credit card, over charge me, and it's not a crime, but if I still a credit card and use it, it's a crime. I am sorry, but the Provo Travelodge are criminals, they have stolen from me, I've talked to them 4 times, they have never been accountable, nor are they fixing the fraud they have committed.

Little do they know I am an internet marketing genius. I will damage their online reputation, it will cost them $1000's of dollars in sales as the 1000's of people will read how they won't be accountable, won't refund my money, how they are criminals, and steal from their very customers.

Do not stay at this motel / hotel. DO NOT STAY AT THE PROVO TRAVELODGE (aka Provo Travel Lodge). They are thieves and criminals. If you do so, you better check your credit card, as they might steal from you too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2010 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Provo-Travelodge/Provo-Utah-84601/Provo-Travelodge-Travelodge-Provo-Provo-Utah-569775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Provo Travelodge

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Debit card?

AUTHOR: bruce2954 - (USA)

Apparently, you used a debit card and that's the real problem. A credit card protects you from fraudulent charges. Every motel puts a hold on your card and you have to allow for that.