Complaint Review: Public Movers

• Reported By: Jan S. — Jacksonville Florida
Public Movers
2880 S Park rd Hallendale, Florida USA

Public Movers scam of a moving company and ripped me off Hallendale Florida

Just like all of the other horror stories about Public Movers, I have one too. I am a disabled woman and needed to move from Kentucky to Florida to take care of my mother who had a heart attack.

Public Movers quote for my move was 1113.00. Upon arrival Issac, one of the movers, started telling me how much stuff I had. I explained it was what was on the inventory and he kept stating that it was more and would cost extra. Upon arrival In Florida at the storage place he stated that I would need to pay him 2975.00 more.  So a move that should have cost 1113.00' cost me 3560.00. Not only that but they broke or destroyed most of the stuff that they moved. So far I have found that my bed is scratched up, toaster over dented, microwave dented, wooden table broken in half, antique table crushed, ceramic pottery broken. I am sure there is more but have not had the strength to get into the rest of the boxes.

I have tried now to get resolution from the company to no avail. Liz is rude, short and does want to talk to me now that the move is over. Today when I spoke to her she said, the movers said they only broke 1 little table, how much can that be worth!  I have filed complaints against them with the DOT household goods  18883687230. I am also going to go to (((link redacted))) then click after the move and ask for an arbitration. If no resolve there I am contacting small claims court for action.

Please there has got to be something we call all do to not let them get away with this.....HELP!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2013 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Public-Movers/Hallendale-Florida-33009/Public-Movers-scam-of-a-moving-company-and-ripped-me-off-Hallendale-Florida-1054720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Public Movers