locked

• Updated: Wed, March 30, 2011

• Reported By: CaraD — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
Purebred Breeders
Florida Internet Internet United States of America

Purebred Breeders a middle man for Tennessee Beagle Breeders Incorrect Medical/Vaccination History Puts Puupy at Risk! Internet (Florida), Internet

*Author of original report: Update following my complaints

Our puppy is great and clearly the breeder worked hard.

We did not know we were dealing with Purebred Breeders, called Tennessee Beagle Breeders who then outsourced us to Purebred Breeders and we did not know this until our puppy arrived and we saw their name on our paperwork and researched the company.

Purebred Breeders TERRIBLE!!!

(a)   There were 3 undocumented vaccinations on the health report which is unacceptable!!! Thank God our vet noticed the gaps in the record.

(b) Trying to get a proper record from Purebred Breeders resulted in 5 emails and 4 phone calls!

(c) The billing department was a disaster: an incorrect fax number when requesting ID and credit card details. No explanation in email as to why they requested a fax with copies of these documents after the payment has been processed. When I phoned to ask why this was needed and found out that all they wanted to confirm identity, which could have been stated in the email instead of rudely over the phone and then I could black-out credit card numbers and ID numbers as ID-theft is common, especially considering the wrong fax number I was given.

(d) We finally had to contact breeder directly to get the medical records and found that the breeder was charging $650 (including shipping) for our puppy when Purebred Breeders charged $950 (plus shipping which was $300).

We got ripped off, were treated awful and worst of all our puppy was at risk due to incomplete medical records. The only good thing was that thanks to the breeder, and only the breeder, we got a great puppy.  If I save even one person the irritation, and money, of dealing with Purebred Breeders this blog will be worth it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2011 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purebred-Breeders/internet/Purebred-Breeders-a-middle-man-for-Tennessee-Beagle-Breeders-Incorrect-MedicalVaccination-707160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purebred Breeders

Update following my complaints

AUTHOR: CaraD - (United States of America)

Since posting the text below I have been contacted by the customer services manager at Purebred Breeders regarding my responses to their online survey following up on recent purchases.

The customer services manager clearly wanted to help us out and quickly provided us with proper medical records and a partial refund ($289 for the shipping). She also said that she will be reviewing the entire correspondence/transaction history of my account and claims that she will follow-up with the appropriate staff members.

I still have mixed feelings about Purebred Breeders. While I truly appreciate the customer services managers prompt and efficient follow-up to my complaints, I still believe that if my account was handled properly in the first place I would have been saved the extreme worry over my puppys medical records and the massive headache of the entire process.