Complaint Review: Purrfect Diamonds in the Ruff

• Updated: Sun, July 07, 2013

• Reported By: Animal Lover — Akron Ohio
Purrfect Diamonds in the Ruff
Internet USA

Purrfect Diamonds in the Ruff A rescue group that is abusive to their fosters and steals their belongings. Do Not Do Business!!!!  Internet

*Author of original report: Resolution

*General Comment: I also have been ripped off by kathy bala

I started doing business with Kathy Bala from Purrfect Diamonds in the Ruff as a foster family for her cats and kittens. While a foster, we took in more than 30 animals. We feed them, paid for litter and provided a clean warm room. We brought them back and forth from PetSmart  where they spent time in the windows looking for and sometimes getting forever homes. Through the process, Kathy was mean and grumpy and verbally abusive. Whats more her husband showed up to my house numerous times to ask me for money because their home was in foreclosure.  I gave hime more than 300 dollars. Not to be deturred, and because we care about the animals we continued to work with the group.  All told by the end of 2012, we had donated in food and litter over 4,000 not to mention she had our cat trees and cages and traps. She had promised only one thing;  to help neuter some cats we cared for that lived behind a strip mall. But she lied, the trap I gave her to help with the rescue was kept by her and not returned. She also refused to give me a donation form for all the money that I spent And the items I gave.  This is a pretty horrible group and I would caution anyone who is interested in getting involved in rescue to steer clear of Kathy Bala and Kendra Rothschild.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2013 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Purrfect-Diamonds-in-the-Ruff/internet/Purrfect-Diamonds-in-the-Ruff-A-rescue-group-that-is-abusive-to-their-fosters-and-steals-1065034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Purrfect Diamonds in the Ruff

Resolution

AUTHOR: Animal Lover - ()

Kathy reached out to my husband today to make amends. He thinks she has saved more than 300 animal (an exact number is not known) and that work is sufficient enough to speak for itself

#2 General Comment

I also have been ripped off by kathy bala

AUTHOR: hkqt - ()

I also had an issue with Kathy Bala and Diamonds in the Ruff. My dog is very good at getting out of harness, and collars, he got loose and ran away last year. We had no way of finding him. Nor did we know really what to do in order to find him so we spent long months hoping he would come home.

Eventually I saw his picture on petfinder.com and called diamonds in the ruff to arrange for them to not sell him until I could come up with the money. Right away they pressured me about money from the beginning. I explained I am a poor college student but if they gave me a few monthes I would pay them whatever they asked for. They explained to me that he had been looking for female dogs in heat and that is why he ran away so much. and that they got his neutered and this is the reason why I had to pay the fees and I understood this and totally agreed to any terms they presented me because I was so grateful just to see him again.

Finally I had the money to pay for him and the Saturday that I was supposed to get him, I called and they told me they sold him early that morning to another family and that I should of called at 9am as if that's what they told me to do.

I worked a super long day from morning to night and I could only call them at the time that I did, however, they never told me that I needed to call in the morning.They never told me anything.
But they agreed to hold him over the phone.

We didn't visit my dog because the people that had him seemed very rude and as if they didn't believe that he was our dog. I had papers to prove that he was ours, and also photos of him that we took ourselves.

I signed papers, I filled out all of their forms for MY DOG. He was my dog. We've had him since he was born. I shouldn't of had to fill out anything but I wanted to do things their way out of respect.

Years later my family (adults included) still come to tears just speaking about Gizmo and how he was stolen from us. I just had an emotional moment the other day thinking about how he's still alive and we'll never see him again.

What kind of people tear a dog from his family? These people are the worst kind of people alive. Do not trust them and do not buy your dogs from them. Do not trust their word.

Woodruff