Complaint Review: Qazzoo.com

• Updated: Fri, September 06, 2013

• Reported By: LasVegasRealtor — Las Vegas Nevada
Qazzoo.com
65 Old Solomons Island Road, Suite 208 Annapolis, Maryland USA

Qazzoo.com Heavy Hammer, Inc., Allhud.com, USHUD.com, Michael Urbanski Lies to takes your money and then gives you nothing Annapolis Maryland

*Author of original report: When is a Guarantee is Not a Guarantee

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Qazzoo Stands by Guarantee

Based on a telephone solicitation by Jennifer M. Jordon, who identifies herself as the National Manager of Qazzoo.com, I purchased a one month subscription to the Qazzoo.com service for REALTORS which purports to provide contact information for individuals who are actively seeking to buy or sell homes.  At the time I subscribed to the service, I was told "You are guaranteed 100% correct contact information or your money back."  This promise was documented in an email from Ms. Jordan.  When I began using the service, I found that none of the contact information for the purported leads was correct and that the Qazzoo service was absolutely useless.  I called Ms. Jordon and asked for a refund of my money as promised in her email.  She referred me to Bill Hann.  When I asked for a refund of my subscription price, Mr. Hann emphatically told me that payments for the service were not refundable and refused to honor the money back guarantee promised by Ms. Jordon.

Another issue is that Ms. Jordon wrote in her email that the service package I purchased would run for one month and specified an end date.  However, a later email describing the Qazzoo terms of service provides that if not cancelled the subscription will automatically renew, an apparent attempt to dupe the unsuspecting.

In 2007 Michael Urbanski, the founder of Qazzoo, and several companies owned by him, were fined by the Maryland Attorney General for employing similar deceptive business practices.  A copy of the Attorney General’s press release regarding the settlement can be found at www.oag.state.md.us/Press/2007/092807.htm.  The parent company of the group of companies that was fined, Heavy Hammer, Inc., is the parent of Qazzoo, Inc.  Many of the companies in that matter no longer operate, however, Allhud.com, USHUD.com are still operating and still the subject of Ripoff Report complaints.  I recommend avoiding all companies affiliated with Heavy Hammer, Inc. and all other companies affiliated with Michael Urbanski.  Heavy Hammer, Inc. operates out of an office at 65 Old Solomons Island Road, Suite 208, Annapolis, Maryland.  I would treat any company having that address as suspect.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2013 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Qazzoocom/Annapolis-Maryland/Qazzoocom-Heavy-Hammer-Inc-Allhudcom-USHUDcom-Michael-Urbanski-Lies-to-takes-your-1082255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Qazzoo.com

When is a Guarantee is Not a Guarantee

AUTHOR: LasVegasRealtor - ()

I appreciate Mr. Urbanski's offer to make things right.  However, given how Qazzoo "customer service" initially addressed the issue his offer seems only a gossamer cover for the underlying scam that he declares is a "new business model".

First, I was induced to sign up for the Qazzoo "service" on the basis that if the leads were not correct I could cancel my subscription and receive my money back.  That guarantee was clearly stated in writing:  "You are guaranteed 100% correct contact information or your money back."  There was no misunderstanding.  That seemed reasonable and suggested that Qazzoo stood behind its product.  However, the "guarantee" as articulated by Mr. Urbanski, replacing one worthless lead with another worthless lead, is no guarantee at all.  It gives no assurance whatsoever that Qazzoo's entire pool of "leads" is anything more than rubbish.  It does not matter how many times Qazzoo backs up that "guarantee," it can never have any substance.  Qazzoo irrevocably obtains your money for the mere price of feeding you one worthless lead after another.

Second, one has to ask oneself how does Qazzoo obtain its alleged "leads"?  Are the "leads" offered by Qazzoo anything more than fictional characters created by the Qazzoo staff out of thin air?  If Qazzoo is anything more than a scam, one has to accept that home buyers and sellers have signed up and provided not only the dollar amount they want to spend or receive for a home, but also such information as their phone numbers, email addresses, and even such intimately personal information as their credit scores.  Mortgage lenders and real estate agents and brokers receive such information but are ethically precluded from sharing it with other professionals, much less with an entity such as Qazzoo.  How does Qazzoo obtain such information?  From other Heavy Hammer web sites?  And if so is there adequate disclosure to those persons that their information will be publically made available to anyone who signs up with Qazzoo?  It seems that only the very naive would so freely give up such information.  How many people are that naive, and how many of them would be good leads?

Third, Mr. Urbanski purports that Qazzoo has "several thousand happy clients and millions of home buyers and sellers."  Where is the evidence supporting those grandiose claims?  In its 2007 settlement with the Heavy Hammer entities, the Maryland Attorney General suggested that the Heavy Hammer entities misrepresented that the services of the Heavy Hammer entities "had been endorsed by others when the endorsing companies were owned by Heavy Hammer."  Are all of the testimonials for Qazzoo created by other Heavy Hammer companies, people who are employed by them, and friends?  One has to wonder?

I probably would have let it drop, however, I believe that I need to at least provide grounds for analysis for those considering dealing with Qazzoo and the other Heavy Hammer entities.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Qazzoo Stands by Guarantee

AUTHOR: Michael Urbanski - ()

First I want to aplogize to the person that wrote this complaint and let him know that I have asked the Client Services department to reach out to you and see if we can correct the matter. Secondly, thanks for alerting me to this situation so that we can better serve our clients in the future. You will be contacted today. If you or any other person ever has a question or concern about Qazzoo please do not hesitate to call me on my cell 410.980.7922 and let me know how I might be able to assist you.

My name is Michael Urbanski and I am the founder and CEO of Qazzoo.com. We at the Qazzoo team have created the first social market place for consumers to have the opportunity to be selected by merchants that want to serve them. As any new business model it is sometimes miscommunicated or misunderstood and I wanted to clear up the guarantee here for future reference.

If you select a home buyer or seller on Qazzoo and the contact information is innacurate, Qazzoo will replenish that home buyer with another of your chosing at no cost. This guarantee I believe is the strongest and most secure method of advertising that is online today. We back up this guarantee every day and have done so since we were launched as a way of providing some degree of assurance to the real estate community that thier money is well invested and is not wasted.

Again if you are reading this and have any questions please do not hesitate to call my cell 410.980.7922 or office 800.230.9019 and let me know how I can help?

Quick Plug:

Qazzoo is the reverse of any advertising platform that people have grown accustomed to over the last decade or so. Instead of passive advertising, Qazzoo is proactive requests and proactive lead generation for the small and medium sized business. Instead of the consumer poking around the internet hoping to find someone that can help them, the merchant selects the consumer that they feel they can help.

The cost savings to the merchant is tremendous compared to any other types of lead generation. As an example the average cost per click on a search engine last year was $1.24 for one click. This means that the average cost per lead is somewhere north of $120 for the average website on a cost per click campaign. Because the click is rarely converted into a client and remains nameless and faceless it is very difficult to quantify for the advertiser. Conversely on Qazzoo has stripped all the mystery away and everything is quantifiable. This can be confusing at first but we have several thousand happy clients and millions of home buyers and sellers.