Complaint Review: RBC - Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Co

• Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: Susan — Mt. Pleasant Michigan United States of America
RBC - Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Co
P.O. Box 19093 Greenville, South Carolina United States of America

RBC - Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Co RBC in the US is operated by Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company Stonebridge is refusing reimbursement for a Medevac Flight. Greenville, South Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Affairs

BEWARE of RBCs Travel Insurance Plans!  I purchased a Preferred Plan for a tour of Ecuador in Aug 2011.  While there I suffered a heart attack, stent placement, two cardiac arrests and a chemically induced coma for four days while kept alive by mechanical devices.  I awoke from the coma totally confused, on medication and facing a language barrier, Spanish vs. English.  My daughter called the RBC number to inform them of the plan to have me evacuated and was told to be careful of the expense.  This was the only communication my family received from RBC.

My son flew down to Ecuador and set up a Medevac flight to AZ.  Once in AZ I was admitted to an AZ hospital via ambulance where I had two more stents placed, a blockage removal and eventually a pacemaker/defibrillator was also implanted.

RBC, in the US, is operated by Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company of Greenville, SC.  In spite of all that I have been through they have refused to pay based on The claim was denied for the cost of the air ambulance in the amount of $48,800.00 because it was determined that you were receiving the appropriate level of care.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RBC-Stonebridge-Casualty-Insurance-Co/Greenville-South-Carolina-29602-9093/RBC-Stonebridge-Casualty-Insurance-Co-RBC-in-the-US-is-operated-by-Stonebridge-Casualty-934794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RBC - Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Co

Consumer Affairs

AUTHOR: Consumer Affairs - (United States of America)

At Stonebridge Casualty Insurance Company nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation.  We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns.  If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, and phone number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 410-209-5926 or by mail to 100 Light Street, Floor B1, Baltimore, MD 21202-1098.