Complaint Review: RMCB Collection Agency

• Submitted: Thu, April 15, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, April 15, 2010

• Reported By: Cynthia — Holbrook Massachusetts United States of America
RMCB Collection Agency
2269 S. Saw Mill River Road Building 3 Elmsford, Massachusetts United States of America

RMCB Collection Agency RETRIEVAL MASTERS CREDITORS BUREAU, INC. FAKE PAST-DUE AT&T BILL COLLECTION NOTICE Elmsford, Massachusetts

I received a third-party collection notice regarding a past-due AT&T bill several years ago. The bill in question was over $200 from an AT&T account I closed several years prior.

I had never received a past-due bill directly from AT&T, or any outstanding balance notice due on that account from AT&T. I called the number on the colection notice to question the bill.

The representative explained my bill had been "split" and that's why I still owed. In good faith I did not challenge the past-due bill and offered to send the payment in the enclosed envelope.

The representative asked if I had the address to mail the check. I said yes and read the address on the envelope enclosed in the collection notice. He said that address was incorrect and offered to transact my payment via credit card.

I paid with a credit card during the call.

Now, three years later, I received another third-party past-due AT&T collection bill for the same account for over $100 from Asset Acceptance/RMCB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2010 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RMCB-Collection-Agency/Elmsford-Massachusetts-10523/RMCB-Collection-Agency-RETRIEVAL-MASTERS-CREDITORS-BUREAU-INC-FAKE-PAST-DUE-ATT-BILL-CO-593649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RMCB Collection Agency