Complaint Review: Radio Airplay aka Jango

• Updated: Mon, May 13, 2013

• Reported By: Planet 13 — Los Angeles California
Radio Airplay aka Jango
Internet USA

Radio Airplay aka Jango DO NOT SPEND 1¢ WITH THIS SCAM COMPANY - THEY ARE RIPPING OFF ARTISTS WORLDWIDE Internet

*Consumer Comment: SCAM

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Panet 13 and Jango

*Consumer Comment: What kind of messaging are you using?

*Consumer Suggestion: Which email are you using?

*General Comment: Jango RadioAirplay law suit.

Federal 410 Anti-Trust Question

It is our opinion, the conduct below violates a number of laws within the Business and Professions Code.

The following alleged facts are made against Radio Airplay, (aka) Jango and their ongoing internet radio airplay scam. The sole purpose of this internet “pay to play” scam is about one thing and one thing only; separating you from your money. They prey on unsuspecting musicians, bands, artists, record labels and others, by swindling them into paying money for internet “radio airplay.” The false and misleading claims are clearly stated on their website, www.radioairplay.com.

The truth is, there is no real value or legitimate service to the musicians, bands, artists, record labels and others, that are deceived into believing they will achieve more fans and greater name recognition.

To the already struggling musicians, bands, artists, record labels and others who fall for this shady scheme, it all seems fine and well, if you're willing to pay this company money, for what Radio Airplay, (aka) Jango claims to be “radio plays” to “listeners worldwide.”

The problem is, they don't have listeners worldwide, they have an intricate and elaborate scam run by a vast array of computers and servers programmed with interactive “bots.”

bot (derived from the word "robot") is an automated or semi-automated tool that carries out repetitive and mundane tasks; in this case acting as “listeners” of their scam radio program.

Radio Airplay, (aka) Jango, knowingly, willingly and intentionally accepts money from artists all over the globe, who are deceptively misled, into believing their music will be played to “real listeners” who will ultimately become “fans.”

This bogus claim could not be farther from the truth which makes for a very sad turn of events for anyone suckered into thinking this will actually broaden and help their career.

It's unfathomable and outright pathetic to think that this company takes money under false pretenses, from artists and musicians all over the world, who are subsequently duped into thinking they will gain actual recognition from this fraudulent scheme.

This sadistic and very sophisticated operation is also endorsed and promoted by other high profile “music companies” on the internet, such as CD Baby, Sonic Bids, Tunecore and others.

The complaint we are posting here to bring awareness, to consumers, artists, musicians, record labels and all other entities that are falsely misled and believe they will realize any such gain from the egregious behavior set forth by Radio Airplay, (aka) Jango.

We would also like to point out and make it very clear, that this is not a vindictive plot against this company. The reality is we personally conducted a very expensive and targeted “radio airplay” campaign, in which we paid to them $4000+ dollars.

Our band, Planet 13 paid over $4000 to this company and did not receive one, (1) return email or one, (1) purchase from over 100,000 “radio plays.” We also took the liberty of trying to contact these so called, “fans” through our direct email service and not one, (1) person replied. The bot system is only in place to fool you into thinking you are being played to “real people with heartbeats.”

We want to prevent artists from ever giving this company one red cent, as well as helping those who have already been taken by this scam company. Our goal and intentions are to bring this long running and highly profitable scam to an end.

We have put together a very effective and perspicacious plan in place, that will hopefully do just that.

We are currently drafting summaries for the FBI internet fraud division, FCC, BBB and other pertinent internet crime divisions, designed to help combat this illicit and highly illegal internet fraud.

It is our opinion that the statements made by Radio Airplay, (aka) Jango and their affiliates are deceptive, misleading, manipulative, unfair, fraudulent and violates a number of laws within the Business and Professions Codes.

Please join us to bring awareness to other artists and lets make this happen. If you've fallen victim, or know somebody that has been scammed by Radio Airplay, (aka) Jango; please contact us at: www.planetthirteen.com to let us know.

We want to help you obtain a judgment against this company and be awarded any and all funds that were taken from you by this company under false and deceptive pretenses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2013 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Radio-Airplay-aka-Jango/internet/Radio-Airplay-aka-Jango-DO-NOT-SPEND-1-WITH-THIS-SCAM-COMPANY-THEY-ARE-RIPPING-OFF-AR-1050532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Radio Airplay aka Jango

SCAM

AUTHOR: bex - ()

It is very sad. There are so many companies out there trying to rip off musicians. Youtube who is in network with Virool, Facebook pages forcing you to pay for advertising your page posts, otherwise no one will see them and Radio Airplay, paying for ficiticious fans/plays. As a musician, I've succumbed to just putting what we have out there and enjoying the few real people that get to hear the music and enjoy it. i just keep on writing, performing, recording and avoid any and all of these scams. good luck with your lawsuit!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Panet 13 and Jango

AUTHOR: jrosen - ()

I am not disputing Planet 13's claim but my experience was entirely different . 1. I sold product . 2. I have 1000s of comments and email responses 3. I have spoken to these contacts thru email and on the phone I am not in anyway detracting or supporting simpy stating my experience jmacrosen

What kind of messaging are you using?

AUTHOR: Marcus V. - ()

I have been researching the "are Jango/Radio Airplay fans actually humans" issue myself.  I did get a response.  Their reasoning was that if you respond to fans via Jango/Radio Airplay messaging itself, that the fan may not find it, or ever see it.

So I guess it comes down to if you contacted them via their actual personal email address or not? In my experience they rarely give their email.  To become a fan is a one click thing, giving personal email address is nice, but rarer.

I have tried to mine a couple facebook profiles to see if they were real, but I only did a few.  Of the few, I couldnt send a message because i was not already a friend.

I want to say one person replied with a "Yes I am real, smiley face" but i really cannot remember.  It would be nice if Jango/RA had some transparency with this issue.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Which email are you using?

AUTHOR: Marcus V. - ()

I have been researching the "are Jango/Radio Airplay fans actually humans" issue myself.  I did get a response.  Their reasoning was that if you respond to fans via Jango/Radio Airplay messaging itself, that the fan may not find it, or ever see it.

So I guess it comes down to if you contacted them via their actual personal email address or not? In my experience they rarely give their email.  To become a fan is a one click thing, giving personal email address is nice, but rarer.

I have tried to mine a couple facebook profiles to see if they were real, but I only did a few.  Of the few, I couldnt send a message because i was not already a friend.

#5 General Comment

Jango RadioAirplay law suit.

AUTHOR: Jacquelene - ()

I would like to know how to take action against Radio Airplay. I have experienced the same. Contacted all my fans asking if they were real and not one replied. I have over 68,000 plays and over 2400 direct fans. No sales generated, no email response. I have doubts that my actual has actually reached 68,000 listeners. Would like to get on board of a class action law suit. These guys are despicable.