Complaint Review: Red skelton artwork value appraisal certificate of authenticity

• Submitted: Sun, February 17, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: DarlingDarcy — USA
Red skelton artwork value appraisal certificate of authenticity
1350 e flamingo rd Internet United States of America

Red skelton artwork value appraisal certificate of authenticity Art corporation of America Liars, scumbags, desperate for money Internet

*Consumer Comment: A piece of truth

I used to work for this company, so I think I can speak from behind the scenes. This company is ran by dr. William Mett. In answer to some of the questions, Dr. Mett got his doctoral in prison, according to one of his colleagues. He walks around and claims to be an actual doctor though...to me that is the epitome of his whole character, fraudulent.

Whoever said the website doesn't get any traffic, it's absolutely true. I have never saw ONE piece from the courtesy resale section sell the entire time I worked there. They DID sell a piece from their own collection though. Conflict of interest much???

As far as Lothian, I met her once and know for a fact she absolutely had nothing to do with most of the transaction as some people believe. Mett was absolutely the ring leader and ran the show. Funny, prior to finding out that he went to prison, I often wondered why the business wasn't in his name. He treats his employees like sh*t. His oldest employee warned me of him after my 2nd week, now I know why! And yes, I had to lie in many emails, "Lothian will be in our studios", or sincerely, Dr. William D Mett and Lothian Skelton, even though she was nowhere in sight for months. I had heard him on the phone many times saying, this is dr bill Mett ad Lothian skelton, when she wasnt there. Like I said, I met her once, but he used her name daily.

He is a total scumbag and a snake. He tells all his employees to avoid a phone call from "jackie". He calls her a stalker. Well, after his webmaster showed me some emails, he was telling her he loved her and giving her the run around. After further research, found out, she was wiring him money. If that doesn't solidify the term snake, scumbag, then I don't know what does! He's a sweet talker, who is DESPERATE for a $1 and will say and do anything to get your last $1! Old habits don't die young i guess. After that he doesn't care about you at all. He has no interest in talking to old clients who don't have money anymore. He barely has an interest in talking to new clients after he's gotten their credit card.

In answer to Jackie's question, about finding other appraisers...there is an Amir Persian rugs or somethin that does certificates for $40! That's only $110 cheaper than Mett's pricing for a lithograph. If you still want to use this company after everything you learned here, then all I have to say is GOOD LUCK to you :). I don't see one redeeming quality in either Mett or wiseman. In my own personal humble opinion, I think they are both frauds and scam artists who prey on innocent, naive and uneducated (in art) people to scam money from. But that's just my opinion. What do i know? i only used to work there. It's not like I've known them since their prison terms. Funny, bc doesn't almost EVERY single jailbird is crying, it was unfair! They had a vendetta against them! The judge didn't like them! Their lawyer was bad! Blah blah, I've heard it all. Guilty is guilty. And their lack of remorse is disgusting. Instead they're playing the victims!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 11:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Red-skelton-artwork-value-appraisal-certificate-of-authenticity/internet/Red-skelton-artwork-value-appraisal-certificate-of-authenticity-Art-corporation-of-Americ-1015993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Red skelton artwork value appraisal certificate of authenticity

A piece of truth

AUTHOR: Jackie B - (United States of America)

Since I am a subject in a few threads concerning Art Corporation Of America, I think that I will have to shed some light and some truth on the statements made..

I am, baffled, shocked. I am not sure if it is both or one, by the statements made towards my person.

First off, I probably have never spoken to the person that wrote this, but obviously knows much more then I would think.

Secondly, a STALKER? That sounds really strange considering the fact that Bill calls me every day, and, yes, sends me emails daily as described above, a bit embaressing to have to spil this here, but it is true.

So exactly HOW and WHERE does that qualify me as a stalker? Life is real easy: if you do not wish to talk to me, just say so.

I only know of two people that worked there actually, and they were both very nice to me always, never an issue, other then that I know Marvin and Joe.

Of course I do have an explanation as to why I should not be spoken to, but, I will get into that tomorrow, once I have digested and thought over this post here above.

Funny how you only want good for people and a business, bend yourself over backwards to support and help in any which way you can, and then need to hear through internet that I am qualified as "persona non grata" and a stalker.