Complaint Review: Renewable AutoCare

• Submitted: Sat, July 02, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, July 02, 2011

• Reported By: Yosemitemom — CV California United States of America
Renewable AutoCare
3714 Mueller Rd, Saint Charles, MO 63301 Redding, California United States of America

Renewable AutoCare Certus LLC hoofin it with 4 handicapped kids for 2 weeks Redding, California

I purchased a policy for repair services on my 2001 Tahoe through Renewable AutoCare in December of 2009.  In February of 2010 my Tahoe broke down and I had it towed to an auto repair shop.  I was told my fuel pump had stopped working and needed to be replaced.  I informed them I had a policy through Renewable and I gave them all the information necessary to get the repair paid for through them.

The shop spent 3 days trying to get Renewable to understand the car did not run so it could not be hooked up to a diagnostic computer.  The repair man spent more time trying to fill out papers just right than work on his clients cars.  I kept calling Renewable and was given more and more run around.

I have 4 handicapped children and I depend on that Tahoe for everything.  I was now without transportation so it was critical I get my car back.  Renewable would not even let the shop take the gas tank out to confirm it was the gas pump.  For two weeks my car sat unworked on.  My family was in danger because we live rurally and with my children's special needs it was becoming a greater and greater risk.  Renewable next said they would send someone to the shop to look at the car for themselves.  I was not given a time to expect this inspection, so I told the shop to just go ahead and repair my car.  I called Renewable and told them I was having the car repaired.  They told me they would not cover the repair because I was not following their rules.

I tried to get them to reimburse me for the repairs but they would not.  I tried to sue them in small claims but I could not get enough information including a name of a person to send a summons to.  All I could do was cancel that policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2011 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Renewable-AutoCare/Redding-California-96099-1119/Renewable-AutoCare-Certus-LLC-hoofin-it-with-4-handicapped-kids-for-2-weeks-Redding-Calif-748413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Renewable AutoCare