Complaint Review: Republic Western Insurance, U-Haul

• Submitted: Thu, July 19, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By: David — Folsom California United States of America
Republic Western Insurance, U-Haul

Republic Western Insurance, U-Haul RepWest Ins Improper hitch wiring, insurance company run around Internet

Took my brand new vehicle to U-Haul for a hitch installation and instead of using the proper wiring harness to plug into the tail lights, the installer tried to splice into the wiring.  My vehicle sustained $3000 in interior damage (cracked plastic trying to get to the harness instead of simply opening the port and plugging in the proper harness) and damage to the tail lights.

After contacting their insurance, the agent at Republic Western Insurance did not return my calls and emails (3 each) and then closed my claim, falsely saying I said I wasn't going to file a claim.  She said she was submitting the claim, but 2 weeks later I find out she hasn't submitted the claim because she thinks it's unreasonable and wants a more detailed breakdown of the dealer's estimate.

It is clear to me that they are just hoping I will go away if they give me enough of a run around.  In the mean time, I have to worry about my tail lights failing due to the damage they did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Republic-Western-Insurance-U-Haul/internet/Republic-Western-Insurance-U-Haul-RepWest-Ins-Improper-hitch-wiring-insurance-company-ru-914325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Republic Western Insurance, U-Haul