Complaint Review: Restoration Construction Company

• Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: RRGIRL — Redding California United States of America
Restoration Construction Company
796 Lake Blvd. Redding, California United States of America

Restoration Construction Company Rainbow International , The Restoration and Construction Company, Owner/CEO Martin Woodley Provide coupon to pay $1000.00 deductible if I hire his company-refuses to give $1000.00 credit Redding, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Technical Violations

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Accusations

*Author of original report: Contractors State License Board

Owner-Martin Woodley provides potential customer with a coupon to pay your homeowners deductible of $1000.00.
I hired his company to do my repairs.
I made final payment to Restoration Construction Company. After I made payment, I realized I was never given the credit of $1000.00. I contacted Martin Woodley.He responded with letter that stated "I never collected your $1000.00 deductible & in not collecting it, I waived it. There is no credit back to you because it was never charged to you."
I then provided paperwork to Martin Woodley that showed my homeowners insurance collected my $1000.00 deductible. Therefore you owes me the $1000.00 due to the coupon provided.

Martin Woodley responded with a threatening letter. "he reviewed his file for the last time and if I contact him again, I owe him $296.00 for his time in the matter." He changes his story that states the rebuild paperwork reflects a cost of $7,000.00 minus the $1,000 deductible leaves a balance of $6,000.00
I have pages of paperwork that shows construction work for cost of $6,000.00. I do no have 1 piece of paperwork showing $7,000.00.

Martin Woodley has lied in 2 separate letters, changed stories, and threatened me financially if I contact him again.
I have filed a report with BBB, State Contractors Board and A Police Report for Fraud. How many other victims are there that did not catch the fact that they never received the $1000.00 credit. It is intent on the part of Martin Woodley to present coupon to obtain business and finagle paperwork to get out of paying the homeowner the money! Never hire Restoration Construction Company.
In addition-he uses contractors that do cut-corner work. We have spent hours of our own time, fixing the mistakes from his contractors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Restoration-Construction-Company/Redding-California-96003/Restoration-Construction-Company-Rainbow-International-The-Restoration-and-Construction-1007925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Restoration Construction Company

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Technical Violations

AUTHOR: Restoration Construction Company - (USA)

It is true, we were notified we violated the contractor's business statues, as we should never have given you the $1000.00 discount. Lucky for you, you still profited from our mistake and never had to pay your $1000 deductible. Our mistake certainly helped you, didn't it?

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Accusations

AUTHOR: Restoration Construction Company - (USA)

Unfortunately, this report is completely false and we find ourselves responding to cyber bullying. Restoration Construction Company proved to this customer several times that the $1000.00 waiver was implemented. In fact, the California Contractors State License Board reviewed the complaint from this customer and concluded, through complete accounting evidence provided by Restoration Construction Company, that the customer was, in fact, mistaken.  Additionally, having worked with insurance companies extensively for many years, insurance companies never collect deductibles from insureds as the complaint states .  They always require the insured to pay their deductible to the contractor directly, and then the insurance company pays the rest of the cost of repairs, subject to policy limits.

Restoration Construction Company works extensively with clients and their insurance companies to restore their homes to pre-loss condition.  We work closely with the insurance adjusters to insure the client receives all the benefits of their insurance policy.  Unfortunately, what happens more often than is desired, is Restoration Construction Company fights diligently for the customer to receive all the money necessary to repair their home to pre-loss condition, but when the client receives that large check to pay the contractor, they suddenly see dollar signs in their eyes, and want to renegotiate the contract.

This client was treated very well by our company. All accounting was accurate and fair. The California Contractor's State License Board concluded Restoration Construction Company was fair and accurate in all dealings with this client. Unfortunately, those dollar signs...

Please remember, your contractor works hard to help you through your insurance claim.  They deserve the money they earn to repair your loss.  Insurance money for rebuilding costs are not yours to keep.  Personal contents money from your claim is yours to replace your belongings.  Profiting from an insurance loss is fraud and is illegal in the state of California. Insurance policies are designed to return you to your pre-loss condition only.  But in all reality, you are usually better off because now your contractor has completely rebuilt the damaged portion to brand new.

It is unfortunate that a consumer can personally slander the owner of any company by name, as she did here, but we cannot name the customer in our rebuttal. It’s ridiculous how much cyber bullying can be done to a company without any protection for us. Especially when the client's behavior throughout the claim process was unbecoming.

Contractors State License Board

AUTHOR: RRGIRL - ()

Owner of Restoration & Construction was found to be in violation of technical violations of the Business and Professions Code. Owner was put on notice by Contractors State License Board, state of Ca.  Owner has continued to lie and mis-represent facts.