foam

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: Goldfish — Oak Island North Carolina
Robert S Rost
Internet USA

Robert S Rost asks for social security number on non-encrypted, non-secure website, identity not verified by lock symbol Internet

*Author of original report: Old phone number proof that this is a scam

*Author of original report: Who I think might possibly be behind this

They collect secure information like social security number on a non-secure website.  No contact with the company is available either by phone or email (the BBB got their snail mail returned) to cancel the service.  I'd like to know how they got the number from my check account given that I generally before entering this kind of secure information check to see if there is a lock symbol identifying the website as secure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-S-Rost/internet/Robert-S-Rost-asks-for-social-security-number-on-non-encrypted-non-secure-website-ident-1067206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert S Rost

Old phone number proof that this is a scam

AUTHOR: Goldfish - ()

They say that they log your information when you apply.  But when I went to the bank to request a stop payment on all checks I noticed that had my information and address from two years ago and a phone I had then that I don't even remember.

I noticed it was correct, but being that I use track phones in a salt water environment (I live on a sailboat) I go through phones about once every 4 to 5 months.  I don't remember my last phone number and certainly not from the house 2 years ago.

No way they got that old phone number from a recent application as I wouldn't have been able to remember it.

The only way they could have got that is from the three online loan companies I do business with.  Either my loan companies are being hacked or they have an affiliation with one.

Who I think might possibly be behind this

AUTHOR: Goldfish - ()

I recently filled out a loan request from a company I have done business with in the past and decided to not take the loan.

I was going to apply again today and saw that my previous loan I declined to take and accept possibly around the same date at this 30 dollar check appeared on my account.

I won't list the name of the company unless Ripoffrequest asks, but I will say the company is affiliated with an Indian reservation.

I think these two companies are working together.