Complaint Review: Robert and Starmye Halpain

• Submitted: Sat, March 30, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 30, 2013

• Reported By: Upset Buyer —
Robert and Starmye Halpain

Robert and Starmye Halpain Bought An AKC Toy Poodle that is actually a Yorkie Mix , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Response Correction

*Consumer Comment: Scared Consumer

*General Comment: Question

I have DNA to prove that I received a puppy from Robert & Starmye Halpain that is in fact a Yorkie Mix and not the top quality AKC Toy Poodle I was told it was. Breeder will not even say there was a mistake made on their part and will only refund money if I return the puppy that I have had now for 4 months... I am appalled to find out my puppy came from such a horrible place! Do not buy a puppy from these people. They have many breeds and apparently do not know what they are breeding and should be
shut down!  AKC will be pulling the AKC papers of the whole litter my puppy came from and if you get a puppy from them
you to are taking the risk of your pup not even being the breed you wanted and paid for. If you have bought a pup from them I would contact AKC to see if they will DNA your puppy to see if the parents are even pure bred or the breed they say it is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2013 10:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Robert-and-Starmye-Halpain/internet/Robert-and-Starmye-Halpain-Bought-An-AKC-Toy-Poodle-that-is-actually-a-Yorkie-Mix-Inter-1039404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Robert and Starmye Halpain

Response Correction

AUTHOR: Shannon - (USA)

I wanted to make a correction to my prior comments.  My puppy actually looks exactly like the picture from

whoever posted the 1st general comment.  The puppy I purchased was a parti yorkie in case you were told differently.

Scared Consumer

AUTHOR: Shannon - (USA)

I recently purchased a puppy from a Boutique in Florida.  The breeders on my AKC registration paperwork are Starmye and Robert Halpain.  I was in the process of registering my puppy and decided to look up these breeders when I came across your post with a picture of what looks exactly like my puppy.  She was born on 16 February and was advertised as a purebred yorkie with a double recessive gene making her all gold in color.  I would be very interested to find out the parents of your yorkie and any DNA info you can give me.  She is definitely a yorkie.  I'm just hoping mine doesn't have any poodle mixed in there.  Does yours have poodle DNA?  I'm very worried now because they were a little vague when I asked about the breeders.  They just told me that they had worked with them for years and were trusted breeders.  I paid quite a lot of money and am almost ashamed to admit it.  I will be heart broken if she is not a full blooded Yorkie but I'm already in love with her.  I'm not kidding when I say that ours could be twins!!!  Please contact me if possible.

#3 General Comment

Question

AUTHOR: Shorty - ()

Hello, how did you get the AKC to DNA a puppy that came from this person.  I wished I would have seen your post but I bought a puppy that came from them but I did not do business with them.  I did business with a person in Las Vegas and scammed me an extra $60.00 dollars for the puppy but thank god for PayPal this will be returned hopefully. He accidently gave me the paper where the puppy came from which happen to to be were you bought your puppy.  Now it makes me wonder if I actually got what I paid for.... =\ can you help me on what you did... Thank you